Monday, January 4th

We went to school and Charlie wasn't looking any better from a few days ago. Charlie was slowly getting sicker, but stayed really calm. Even if his eyes didn't stay exactly dry. We walked hand in hand throughout the halls of school. We got study sheets and other homework from many teachers.

"I love you, Andy." Charlie laid his head on my shoulder, and gave me a kiss on my right cheek. Some people saw and sat in awe, while others were staring. We ate lunch and went home after the school day was done.

We walked around town, and I took Charlie to get some ice cream like he had gotten for me a few months ago. Ding, dong. The bell in the ice cream shop rang. I ordered a vanilla ice cream cone, and I bought Charlie a blue raspberry glacier. We ate our icy treat inside of the parlor.

"Thank you Andy. After all this trouble with my FFI, this was a very nice highlight for  today." Charlie blushed in my direction, and swept his hair away from his face. 

"Your welcome, my love." I blew him a kiss and he laughed. He wanted me to stop embarrassing him in front of other people eating ice cream. He suspected people watching, probably a hint of paranoia.

Then it hit me square in my forehead, another stage of FFI was closing in fast on Charlie! I started to tear up. Damn it, Charlie, why can't you stay longer? My jaws were frozen from eating too quickly.

"Are you ok, Andy?" Charlie gently placed his hand over my shoulder. He seemed worried but ate the treat I had bought him. I nodded slowly with tears rolling down my cheeks.

We finished and tipped our server. Charlie started to get mad. "Why did you lie to me, you were crying and embarrassing me!"

Sorry Charlie, I was thinking about your condition. I can't tell you how much you mean to me. You are priceless to me. Damn it! When did I start thinking like a sappy pussy?

"Sorry Charlie, I'm really worried about you. I love you with every ounce of my soul. Your FFI disease makes me want to burrow into your arms and never let go." 

Charlie pinned me to the shop's glass window and cried at my poem for our love. He hugged me and kissed me for a long time. I couldn't move, I was paralyzed by our strong love connection.

I was a bit surprised that he wasn't being paranoid when he kissed me in front of people eating ice cream inside the shop's window.

I tried to tell him more, but my lips were sealed with Charlie's fat index finger.

"Shhh, I know that you love me. You never leave a day without saying that word of joy. FFI has given me a new sense of feeling that you'll love me; even though my symptoms are failing to keep me steady." Charlie smiled and looked into my hazel gaze, playfully kissing my chin.

"Let's go home Charlie. My mother would be waiting for us anyways. We didn't mention ice cream..."

Charlie stepped into the store and bought a chocolatey peanut butter shake for my mom. He said that she should have something sweet once in a while.

We raced home in a flash, almost knocking over people and running into things. We puffed and panted at my front door. We calmed our bodies down from our sprinting, and walked inside of my house.

"Mom, Charlie bought you a gift from the ice cream shop!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. My mother looked at Charlie and thanked him kindly. She kissed Charlie's forehead, and sat down to eat the gift from Charlie.