Chapter 19

Two Years Later

The team was all gather together in Rossi's place, having dinner and enjoying a nice Friday night. Rossi knew that Hotch was nervous about asking you an important question but he had to let him do it by himself. Hotch approaches Rossi, who is in the corner sipping a glass of whiskey.

"Dave, I don't know how to do it. What if she doesn't like it?" Hotch says rubbing his fingers, like he always does when he's nervous.

Rossi put a hand on his shoulder, "Aaron, my friend, she wouldn't say yes if she didn't love you."

Hotch sighs, "I know I know. I'm just nervous about it."

Rossi tilts his head, "You'll do fine. Stop worrying."

He shakes his head, "Okay. Here goes nothing."

Hotch makes his way towards you and once beside you, he kisses your cheek. He whispers in your ear, "Meet me at the backyard."

You look at him puzzled but he just nods. You wait a couple of minutes after he leaves and then you follow to the backyard.

Once I'm at the backyard, I see him pacing back and forth. I wonder why he was like that. He usually does this when he is nervous or has something in his mind that wants to get out of his chest.

"Hey, what's this about?" I ask.

He looks up and meets my eyes. Stopping, he comes closer to me and holds my hands. "Umm well I have something to ask you and I don't know what your answer will we so I'll just get it over with cause I'm- "

I put my hands on his cheeks, "Aaron, your rambling. What's wrong? You have me worried."

He shakes his head, "It's nothing bad I promised well I think it's not bad. Anyways here it goes."

I tilt my head at his actions but then he deeply exhales and takes something out of his pocket, getting down in one knee. It's a black velvet box, opening it, revealing a beautiful diamond ring.

"Aaron I-"

He looks at me, "Y/n, will you marry me?"

I'm shocked. I didn't expect him to propose tonight, but I was happy he did. I shake my head, "Yes, yes, a million times yes."

He smiles and puts the ring on my finger, then hugging me. I pull back from the hug and kiss him passionately. Few seconds later, we hear cheers coming from the side and see the rest of the team cheering.

Aaron lays and puts a hand on my cheek, "I love you."

I lean to his touch, "I love you too."

Couple minutes later, the team comes to congratulate us.

"Wow congrats guys." Morgan says hugging us.

Garcia comes and hugs me, "Congratulations you guys. I'm so happy!"

"See? I told you she would say yes." Rossi says hugging Aaron.

"I know you did but can you blame me for being nervous?" Aaron says chuckling.

JJ tilts her head and laughs, "Hotch nervous? Wow that's a first." Once she said that everyone burst out laughing.

Spencer comes beside us, "Congratulations."

"Thank you Spencer." We both said.

Emily comes and raises a brow, "Told you she would love the ring."

I look at her, "You helped him?

"Yeah he asked for my help cause he had no idea what to buy."

"Aww that's sweet of you."