Chapter 18

The team was shocked when both of you said your 'I love you's. They didn't imagine the both of you being a thing. Let alone be dating long enough for them to not notice.

They put you on the stretcher and rush to the ambulance. Hotch hot on their feet. Once on the ambulance, the team gets on the SUVs and follows the ambulance to the hospital. In the ambulance, Hotch was holding your hand, never letting go.

The ambulance arrives at the hospital and they rush you to surgery, leaving Hotch in the middle of the hallway, his shirt cover in your blood and in shock. The team arrives and sits in the waiting room. Rossi sees Hotch on the floor with his face in his hands, crying and praying you don't leave him. He approaches Hotch and sits with him.

"How are you holding up?" Rossi asks.

Hotch shakes his head, "I can't lose her Dave. I just can't."

Rossi puts his hand on Hotch's shoulder, "You're not going to lose her. She'll pull through. I know it."

"I just can't imagine my life without her. I just can't."

Rossi nods, "I know. I've never seen you this happy since Hailey. She's strong. She'll pull through, you'll see."

Hours passed and there hasn't been an update on your condition. The team becomes worried that you may not make it off the table. Hotch was pacing back and forth in the waiting room. Rossi tried to calm him down but to no avail. They see a doctor coming and quickly stand up. Hotch jolting up and running to the doctor.

"How is she? Is she okay?" Hotch asks worriedly.

"Calm down agent Hotchner. She is okay. She is stable for now. The gunshots on her abdomen were through and through. Fortunately, no organs were damaged. It was touch and go for a while. She lost a lot of blood making her flatline on the table, but we got her back. She should be waking up in a few hours." The doctor informs.

"Can we see her?" Garcia asks.

"Yes, only one at a time though."

Rossi looks at Hotch, "You should go. She'll love to see you once she wakes up."

Hotch nods and thanks the team. He follows the doctor to your room. Coming up to your room he sees you, pale. He sees all the machines and wires that you're connected to and it breaks his heart. He pulls the chair beside your bed and sits down, grabbing a hold of your hand. Exhaling deeply, he looks up at you and begins to cry more.

Hours later, you begin to wake up. You feel a weight on your hand. Looking beside you, you see Hotch asleep. You begin to wonder how worried and scared he had must been and it broke your heart. You bring your hand to his head and begin to smooth his hair. After a while you feel him stir a little bit, looking at him opening his eyes.

"Hey," I say.

"Y/n! You're awake." He says with wide eyes.

"Hey, yeah. I'm awake" I say groggily.

"How do you feel?"

"Like I've been shot." I chuckle.

He chuckles, "Stop it. You scared me." He takes a deep breath, "The doctor said you'll be okay."

"See? I'm going to be okay. Why you got that face?"

He shakes his head, "I almost lost you Y/n. I'm afraid that something will happen one day and I'm going to lose you." He says looking down at our joined hands.

"Hey," I grab his jaw for him to look at me. "I'm going to be okay. I'm not going anywhere."

I lean in and give him a kiss. He relaxes knowing that I'm okay and he has me next to him. After a couple of minutes and getting check by the doctor, the team visits you.