Chapter 8

The case ended the same way it always did; we found the unsub with a hostage and had to talk him down. We packed up our things from the conference room the police department let us borrow and head straight to the jet. Once on the jet I found my usual seat and got comfortable. Spencer and Morgan were playing some cards, JJ and Emily were talking about something and Hotch and Rossi were on the back of the yet talking about something that looked like a serious topic but I didn't pay too much attention to that.

"Okay so I have completed planning our vacation. Now, we are going for a week to Mexico." Rossi says and everyone cheers abruptly.

"Now that sounds nice right now. When are we going?" I ask.

"In two weeks. I already talked with Strauss so she could give us the week off." Rossi says.

"I can't wait." JJ says excited.

"Ah drinking margaritas in the pool." Emily says.

"That actually sounds nice right now." Morgan says laughing.

I notice Hotch and decide to go to him. I sit across from him and he doesn't look up from his paperwork.

"Finishing paperwork?" I ask curiously even though I knew he didn't get to finish it earlier because we both watched a movie.

"Yeah since someone didn't let me earlier." He says looking up from his paperwork smirking.

"Hey in my defense you looked like you needed a break." I tell him chuckling.

"Well in that case thank you." He says

"You're welcome." I say smiling at him. We stare at each other for a moment and break it when Morgan cheers his win against Spencer. We quietly laugh and then I get up and go to my seat and fall asleep quickly.

Next day we arrive at the office and I see Garcia with the others talking. When I reach the others they were talking about our club night idea.

"So guys how about we go to the club tonight? I mean we have a long weekend free." Garcia says excited.

"Baby girl that sounds nice. I need to get drink ASAP." Morgan says with his usual laugh.

"Don't we all?" Emily says nudging you on the side. Everyone agrees to go to the club tonight.

"Will leave here and meet up at 8? That works?' JJ asks.

"Sounds good" Morgan says.

Moving to my desks we continue to do our work and soon it's time to leave work. I head out to my car and once inside I put (your favorite music) and jam out all the way to my apartment. When I arrive I put my stuff on the couch and head to my room. Searching my closet and decide on a pink leather skirt with a long sleeve black see through top, black underwear set and lastly some black heels. I go take a shower and decide to leave my hair down. I get dressed and spray some perfume and head out to meet the others.

Arriving at the club I see everyone on a booth and make my way to them. I notice Hotch looking me up and down and I feel the heat on my cheeks from blushing. Thank god for the dim lights that don't let you see much. I sit and order drinks and talk for awhile. Emily pulls me to the dance floor and soon Morgan, Garcia, JJ and Spencer join. Rossi and Hotch opt out and stayed at the booth. Hotch looks at me while dancing with the others and smiles at the view.

"Aaron?" Rossi asks curiously.

"Yes?" Hotch says breaking looking at you..

"I'm not dumb okay. I have seen how you look at her, why don't you ask her out?" Rossi says trying to tell his friend to make a move.

"W-what? I- I Rossi I don't look at her like that." Hotch says getting flustered.

"Keep lying to yourself." Rossi says smirking.

Hotch sighs and looks straight to his friends eyes.

"I never taught to fall in love again and it's terrifying. I don't want her to get hurt."

"Hey falling in love sure is terrifying but why not give it a try? It doesn't hurt to try." Rossi says.

"We'll see. Maybe I will." Hotch says glancing back at you at the dance floor.

You guys come back and sit tirelessly at the booth. I look at Hotch who is already looking at me and smile softly at him. We stare at each other until the girls call me for some pictures. I take some pictures for the girls and get some more drinks.

"Guys I'm done for the night. I'm gonna go home." Spencer says standing up.

"Yeah me too." Garcia says

JJ drives Emily home and Morgan Garcia leaving me with Hotch and Rossi.

"Well you two have a nice night I'm gonna go." Rossi says standing up and heading out.

Hotch and I say bye to him and just silence overpowers between the both of you.

"I should take you home. You're not in the state of driving." Hotch says staring at me and slightly laughing.

"Well you are right on that. I'm so drunk." I say smiling.

We both head out to his car and get in. During the drive there is a comfortable silence and the low sound of the radio music. I hum to the tone coming from the radio and Hotch glances at me with a grin on his face. Arriving at my house.

"Well here we are." He says parking the car and looking at me.

"Here we are." I say looking back at him.

We both stare at each other never breaking eye contact. He begins to lean in, our lips almost touching, I decide to close the small gap between both of us. The kiss wasn't one of those rough and passionate it was the sweet and soft one. He brings his hand and caresses my cheek and I bring a hand to the back of his neck to pull him closer. I pull away catching my breath and stare at him.

"Wow umm that was unexpected." I say surprised by what just happened but smiling at him.

"I'm sorry I don't know what came over me." He says nervously.

"Don't be sorry cause I'm not." I say smiling. "I should go cause I'm so drunk." I say laughing..

He chuckles and says: "Yeah, see you later."

I say bye to him and head to the door. He waits for me to get inside and drives off. I'm still shocked about the kiss but deep down I know that maybe I won't remember it tomorrow morning.