Chapter 2

At the Texas case I noticed Hotch looking at me which I don't know why but I gave him a soft smile and left with JJ. I thought why he was looking at me? Was it for some reason? I shrugged my thoughts aside and head to the team meeting.

Everyone was at the conference room that the police station provided for the team to work the case on. Hotch assigned everyone a pair. " To be safe we'll go in pairs. This unsub is dangerous. Morgan with Emily, Reid your with JJ and Rossi, Y/l/n you're with me." You guys go to the SUV's to do your assigned tasks.

Hotch and I arrive at the address Garcia gave us and see everyone with the bulletproof vest and preparing to enter the building. Hotch hands me a vest and I give him a look. He chuckles and asks: "Need help?" I'm sorta embarrassed but said "Yeah" . He helps me put the vest on and then we approach the building. Morgan knocks down the door and we enter in pairs. Rossi: "Clear!". JJ: "Clear!". Prentiss: "Clear!". Hotch: "Clear!".

Morgan is upstairs when I heard a crash. Signaling the rest to go upstairs and when we do, we found Morgan arresting the unsub. We go outside and go to the police station to pack up and leave.

We are on the jet and are chatting about random things when one moment I am talking to JJ and notice Hotch looking at me again. I smile at him and he gives me a small smile and continue my conversation with JJ. We arrive at Quantico and said our goodbyes and head straight home.

When I arrive at my apartment, I head straight to the shower, put on some pijamas and head to the kitchen to fix up some food and sit on the couch and watch some netflix and relax. At some point I was falling asleep so I turn off the tv and head to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's Friday. I arrive at the office and see everyone at the break room grabbing some coffee and talking. Later Hotch comes and tells us that it's paperwork day and you all groan in protest and Reid it's just happy because he loves paperwork days.

"Hey Y/n how are you?" He asks me.

"Hey Spencer I'm good." I tell him.

Everyone said their hellos and head to start doing their paperwork for the day. Lunchtime comes and I decide to go to a nearby little cafe to eat. When I come back from the lunch break I see Reid with only one file left on his desk and I have a tons of files left so an idea came to mind.

"Hey Spencer I have a proposition for you" I tell him. He looks at me and knows what I'm about to ask him.

"Nop Y/n. I'm not falling for that and don't make a puppy face cause then I can't say no to you." He tells me and I make a puppy face and he groans and I give him some of my paperwork and I stay with two files just to look like I still have some work to do.

"Hold on hold on, how the hell did that work? Do you know the things I had to do for Pretty Boy here to do my paperwork?" Morgan says.

"Well what can I say? It's my charm." I say and laugh at Morgan's face.

"Alright alright, I see how it is." He says laughing and continue to do his paperwork. Time passes and everyone finished their paperwork and decide to head home.

"Goodnight Y/n see you soon." JJ says

"Night mama." Morgan says

I finished and hand my files to Hotch. He sees I'm the last one and offers me a ride home since you came in the bus and it's to late to go in the bus right know so I accepted his offer. We arrive and say our goodnights but when I enter my apartment I was suddenly attacked. I didn't know who the attacker was but kept fighting and soon heard Hotch enter the apartment.

"Agent Y/l/n?" He says looking for me.

All of a sudden a gun is pull on me and I freeze. That's when Hotch found me and says to the attacker "Drop your weapon." The unsub doesn't follow his order so he points the gun to me again and was about to shoot, when Hotch shot him. I look at Hotch and he looks at me and we both sigh in relief.

"Are you okay?" he asks

"Y-yeah I am... Thank you." I say looking him in the eyes. He is looking at me searching if I was hurt.

"I'm just glad you're okay..." he says

"Yeah?" I ask him with a confused look.

I then see him staring at me and smiles softly; a side of him that I haven't seen because he has always a stern look at work but I was glad to see him smile which I noticed he didn't do so often.

"Yeah." He says to me smiling softly.