3

A whine escapes the lips of some girl with bright pink hair. George taps his pencil against the desk impatiently.

He hated group projects, specifically because no one could ever do them right. He always had to clean it up one way or another, and they never really listened to George regardless.

"I don't even like business," the pink haired girl, Judy or whatever her name was whined once more. "It's just a bunch of numbers and stats, but they're not letting me switch my major to undecided."

"Just shut up, quit your whining, it's getting old," Another person, who George didn't catch their name snaps. "We need to make a good sales pitch for an imaginary bubble gum company. The more you whine the more time we waste."

Another one in the group quietly was typing away at their computer, probably actually getting some form of work done. He was George's favorite, because he was quiet. He and George mainly got most of the work done, while Julie (Judy? Rudy? Cooley? He'll never truly know) and the other person continued to bicker.

"Says the one with a name like Mono. Why'd you even choose that name? Did Presley get a little too preppy for you?" The girl innocently pouts her lips, but her eyes were mischievous, a form of evil and backhanded. She reminded George of a snake. Probably because if you remove a few features and get a makeup wipe, she is one.

Mono, as George could tell now, rolled their eyes. "Deadname me one more time, and I'll make sure the professor gives you an F for this midterm."

"Yikes~ He's so sensitive isn't he?" Judy laughs it off, still getting it wrong.

"If you're going to contribute nothing, just leave," George was surprised the words even came out of his mouth. "We don't need deadweights if you're just gonna be a disrespectful bitch."

Judy (or whatever) looked shocked, the ghost of a smile tainting Mono's lips. "Fine! Don't come crying when you need my help!"

She struts away, moving her hips back and forth sassily. George snickered at how dramatic it was.

"If you guys are done," The quiet one, who was typing away at his computer finally speaks, "Then please help me finish these stats."

~

George was playing Minecraft by himself, messing around with the JavaScript little by little.

Apparently Dream was "busy" today, which sucked considering that today was gonna be a long day for him. It was game day, Florida versus California State. Not necessarily a rivalry, but it was still gonna be a good game. At least thats what coach said.

George sighed, until he finally got the code right, finding a way to edit it to make more drops appear in his and Dream's multiplayer world.

A familiar chime rings out from his computer, a message from Dream no doubt.

'Finally got a break, thank god.'

'Break from what? You used to have almost no life and now all of a sudden you have one.' George smiles, pressing esc on his keyboard to divert his attention to switching tabs towards discord.

'Whaat? I was always busy, it's just different for now.'

'Are you gonna be on tonight?'

'I don't think so. I don't get home until late, and when I do I'm sure I'll be super tired.'

George lets out a sigh. Dream was his only escape from what reality to him was. So dark and bland. So sad. Everyone had a life like George's, filled with some complexity and emotion, so what was the difference between other people's life spans? What was it about each individual that makes life so special if everyone is supposed to have the same fair share of happiness and pain?

'yeah, it's ok. I understand.'

~

Game days suck.

George hates game day because everyone is either being a complete pissbaby or way too hyper for his taste. In this case, it was the latter.

"Noodles!" Nick draped his arm over George, who immediately cringed due to the mixing smells of cologne and sweat. "Look at the cheer girls, aren't they sooo fine?"

George looks over to the girls. They look the same as they always do, no? Just cheering.

"Y-yeah, I guess." George picks up Nick's arm taking it off of his shoulder.

"C'mon don't be shy about it~"

"Leave the poor guy alone," Clay coos, draping his own arm over George now, replacing Nick's spot. "Maybe he doesn't swing that way."

"Shut up. I like girls." Who was he to assume the way George swung? George likes girls. He just hasn't dated one because no one really... caught his eye. But he likes girls. Yeah... he... likes girls.

"So, are you gonna keep an eye out for number 1 today?" Clay looks to George, a smirk dancing on his face.

"In your dreams. I have to keep an eye out for everyone, whether I like it or not. Now get off of me." George tries to duck to get away from Dream's arm.

"All of you! Asses over here now!" Punz yells towards all the football players, even going so far to rip one of the football players away from a cheerleader as they were basically eating each other.

The game plan was basically our normal starters, the seniors or the football players that never graduated start up first, most of the sophomores are gonna be benchwarmers, and since it's the first game, we'll be constantly switching out with the freshman and the juniors. The football stadiums seats were all filled, so now it's getting to the point where the refs are starting to walk to the field, awaiting the rest of the players arrivals.

"Yknow, I'm getting kinda tired of the nickname Noodles already. It feels unoriginal to me." Clay stated, standing right behind George. George was startled by the sudden presence, looking behind him with a scowl.

"Yeah? What are you gonna do? Give me a new one. Have fun with getting me to respond to it."

"I could call you kitten."

George's face goes red, mostly with anger and embarrassment. "If you EVER call me that I will rip your testicles apart and feed them to the alley cats."

Clay just laughs, "You're right, that wouldn't be super original now, would it?"

George just rolls his eyes, not wanting to feed into the blonds immaturity even more.

"I'll figure one out for you, eventually anyways."

"Don't think too hard." He's just messing with me, thought George. It's just some kind of playing around. Just like everyone else.

"Remember, keep an eye on number 1 out there, Noodles."

George just waves him off, "I hope you're a benchwarmer, considering how shitty you throw. I won't forget when you hit me with that football."

"Sheesh, such a princess. You should've just moved away, remember?"

"Why you fucking-"

"Cheer for me~, oh, and hold this." Clay threw his letterman jacket at George, who hissed at the randomness of it all.

All of the football players ran out, being greeted by cheers and squeals of the crowd. George even noticed Priscilla blow a kiss towards Clay, who seemed like he didn't notice himself. Even as a benchwarmer though, it wasn't easy for George to keep his eyes off of number 1.

Even as he ran out onto the field, holding the football high into the air as he scored the winning touchdown for the night, George felt his eyes slowly levitating more towards Clay. The cockiness in his voice, the way he held himself, the way he screamed out in excitement. It all felt so familiar to George.

Even though he didn't really know where that familiarity was from.

Florida won, with a score of 28-22.

---

Authors note:

Hey you guys, sorry for the delay. I know I started this in September, but school really has been having me work extra hard :) Updates will be kind of slow, but uploads will usually be on Sundays, as that's the least busiest day of the week for me. Hope you can support me more in the future :)