Chapter 5: Rumors Spread Like Wildfire

Blossom was getting the door while the rest of the study group continued their project in the living room. After everybody got their books out and sat on the floor, the discussion started.

"Ohh, you know what! Before we start the presentation, I'm gonna get some more snacks! One bowl isn't enough for the six of us!" Bubbles said as she stood up.

"Thanks, sis! Can you get us some chips from the kitchen?" Buttercup agreed as her blonde sister walked to the kitchen.

Meanwhile, Blossom stood in front of her childhood friend Dexter, who was patiently waiting outside their door.

"Dexter?! Um, hi! What are you doing here..?" She said, blood racing to her cheeks as soon as she saw him.

The brunette boy adjusted his glasses.

"Oh, I just needed that jacket back... You know, the one you borrowed last week? Yeah, since it's our football training today and we have the game in a week, I need it back.."

"Oh. Oh! Okay, yes, sure! It's right here! Come on in! Let me just find it!"

As soon as Blossom said those words out loud, she regretted it. Why did she invite him inside when the Jojos were there?! What is he going to think if he sees them?!

While these two were having their conversation, a whole other one was happening just a hall over.

"Okay, guys, here are the chips! I also added some popcorn because we only had one pack of these, and I didn't think it would be enough!"

Bubbles cheerfully said as she walked out of the kitchen towards them. She was holding three bowls in her hands, desperately trying to balance them while not stepping on the huge mess of books and papers on the floor.

Suddenly, she tripped on one of Blossom's large history encyclopedias, immediately dropping everything in those two bowls. The snacks flew everywhere, and poor Bubbles fell on the first thing in front of her - Boomer.

As the bowls were falling, both Buttercup and Butch decided to reach for them but ended up pushing each other. Buttercup fell onto the couch, and her green enemy fell too - right on top of her.

Clueless about what's been happening in the living room, Blossom was still searching everywhere for Dexter's jacket. She told him to wait in the hallway while she flew around fast, not looking where she was going.

After she searched the closet, she flew into the living room only to headbutt Brick, who went to the bathroom and was just coming back. The force she hit him with was so strong that it made them both fall back onto the big pile of pillows they were just sitting at, stacked right on each other.

None of them were even able to process what happened when Dexter ran into the room.

"Blossom, are you okay?! I heard something fall!"

Just as he stepped foot into the living room, his eyes went wide, his mouth dropping. At first, neither the girls nor the guys understood why, but soon Blossom realized how wrong the position they were in looked to someone else.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I'm interrupting something.."

He awkwardly said while being in complete shock as he turned to leave.

"What- NO! IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!" Blossom yelled.

"YEAH, DEXTER, IT'S NOT! AND IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR MUSTY ASS OFF OF ME, I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" Buttercup snapped at the guy on top of her.

Bubbles was now fully aware of what happened and whose chest she was lying on. She just couldn't move. She got so flustered with even the idea of being so close to the Boomer Jojo, her former worst enemy.