12. Family

Third-person pov

"They won't see you, don't worry," said ginny.

"I'm not worried about me. I'm worried about Dudley finding you, he'd ask you a hell of questions" answered harry.

"Ignore him and the Dursleys. Let's get in" ginny opened the main door to her house.

The Christmas holidays have begun. Ron, Hermione and Kathy have been to their homes. They promised to write to each other. Now, Harry and ginny are at ginny's home as planned.

As ginny clicked the door open "MOM! I'M HOME!" she shouted.

"Okay honey" she heard her mother shout back.

Ginny let out an unbelievable grunt. "What!? I've been away for months? No hug? No kiss? No, miss you or anything?" She shouted again.

"C'mon ginny, it wasn't that long. Also, you wrote to us every day" her mom pointed out, she's still in the kitchen.

Ginny moved to the hall with harry following her with a small smile on his face. Ginny settled on the couch.
"That's why I love dad and not you" she glared at the wall of the kitchen.

"Sit down, Harry. Sorry about my mom, she doesn't like her daughter." Ginny sighed. She knows her mom is always playful and she loves her.

"Harry!?" Ginny's mom shouted in surprise as she sprinted to the main hall.

Harry immediately stood up. "Hello, Mrs Wilson" he smiled.

"Omg! You're here. I thought ginny was joking about bringing you here. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're here" she smiled brightly walking towards him.

"The pleasure is mine, Mrs Wilson."

"Call me Mary, Harry. No formalities please"

Harry smiled and nodded.

"I can't believe you, mom. You didn't care if I'm here but you came running like a teenager when I said my boyfriend is here" ginny pouted.

"Aww, ginny. C'mon here, you have no idea how much I missed you. How can I not? You are our only world. I was worried actually, you've never been away for this long. Sorry baby" Mary embraced ginny in a tight hug.

"I still love dad more" ginny pointed.

Mary broke the hug and glared at her.
"So harry, you are a handsome boy, what made you fall for this girl in the first place?"

"Hey!" Ginny yelled.

Harry chuckled. "I love her just the way she is" he simply answered.

Ginny blushed.
"Aw! Words can do magic."

*Ding* oven sound.

"Cupcakes are ready" mary announced.

"Ay! I'm gonna go get some" ginny ran to the kitchen.

"Wash your hands" yelled Mary.

"You know I won't," Ginny yelled back.

"Stubborn girl" Mary grinned to herself.

"She really is" harry agreed.

"So harry, ginny told me you lived with Dursleys all along and they were rude to you."

Harry was startled for a second but relaxed. "Yes, Petunia Dursley is my mom's sister, so, I kinda got stuck with them. But, no worries, I have an uncle, he'd take care of me, always"

"Harry, we're here for you too, anytime, okay?" Assured Mary.

Harry suddenly felt confident with ginny's mother. He's not nervous anymore. He smiled and nodded.