"Yes, they do. Don't you dare say that, Brian. It was their son. They lost a child." Tears come out of his eyes. "Can't you see that?"

I stared at him with an open mouth. Oh God. He's right. I'd been so bottled in my feelings, I forgot about theirs. I now feel like shit. I'm the shittiest person in the world now.

"Oh my God." I started to cry again. I felt more pathetic than before. I was being selfish about this whole thing. Why didn't I think of this sooner?

I felt Chris wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. I leaned my head on his chest as he started to stroke my hair.

A few minutes have passed by and my crying has gone down. Chris kissed the top of my head and pulled back.

"You okay now?" he asked.

"I am now. Thanks for being here with me, Chris."

"Of course, Brian. I...I love you."

I looked up at him. "What did you say?"

"I love you, Brian, and I'm not taking it back because I know you're not ready to say it, but I am. And that's only because it's true and-"

He stopped talking when I put my mouth on him. He sighed and cupped my face with his hands. I slide my tongue in his mouth, making our kisses wetter. I pulled back from him and looked in his brown eyes; they're dark with need.

"Chris," I said.

"Yeah?"

"I love you, too."

It's true. I've been in love with him ever since New Years Day, when we were at Jack's house for the party. When the clock struck midnight, we kissed. I pulled back and looked deep into his eyes. That's when I knew I actually loved him. I've been wanting to tell him that ever since, but I feel like it'll be like we're rushing into things. Now, here we are, three months later, sitting here on a bench, telling each other the three most important words in the world.

"You really mean it?" he asked.

"Yes, Chris. I do."

He smiled and kissed me again. I don't know how we've been out here for, but I don't care. I'd rather spend the night doing this outside than go back in there.

"Do you wanna go back inside?" Chris asked when we got done.

"Nah, I'd rather stay out here."

"I'm only asking because I'm getting cold."

"Yeah, we should get back inside then."

He stood up and reached out his hand to me. I grabbed it and we both walked inside, where we saw our family sitting down as we entered the gym.

"Where have you two been?" Mrs. Carrera asked.

"I needed to get some fresh air," I said.

"Why?" Mom asked.

"Honey, look who's here," Dad said.

I looked over to see Elliott's parents talking to Cynthia and her parents. Their children are with Chris's brothers, and Keegan and Abigail.

I felt like my legs are turning into jellos and they're wobbling. Chris wrapped his arm around my waist and held onto me tight.

Mr. and Mrs. Gordon saw me and excused themselves. They walked to us, making me more nervous.

Brian?" Mrs. Gordon said.

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. I couldn't find anything to say.

"Hi, Mrs. Gordon," I finally said.