hundred twenty-eight

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Stark, it smells like a new car in here!" Peter commented.

"Happy trails, kid," Tony replied. "FRIDAY, send him home."

"Yep," FRIDAY answered.

A large parachute extended from the new Spider-Man suit, spending him back towards earth.

"Oh, come on!" Peter shouted.

Iron Man latched onto the hull and cut a hole to board the ship, looking for wherever Strange and Y/N were taken.

"Boss, I have lifeforms detected in the ship," FRIDAY informed. "One of them is most likely Agent Rogers."

"Can you tell me if she's breathing?"

A pause. "It appears she is."

"Okay... I need you to-"

"I'm sorry, Boss, but we seem to be losing connection. We're too far away from-" Then FRIDAY"s line cut.

~~~

"Still no word from Vision?" The holographic image of Secretary Ross asked Rhodey. Rhodey was at the compound, dealing with the red tape.

"Satellites lost him somewhere over Edinburgh," Rhodey replied.

"On a stolen Quinjet with four of the world's most wanted criminals."

"You know they're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that, right, sir?"

"My God, Rhodes, your talent for horseshit rivals my own."

"If it weren't for those Accords, Vision would've been right here."

"I remember your signature on those papers, Colonel."

"That's right. And I'm pretty sure I've paid for that."

"You have second thoughts?"

"Not anymore."

Suddenly, the fugitive Avengers (Sam, Wanda, Nat, and Steve) entered the room. Vision was being supported by Sam.

"Mr. Secretary," Steve greeted, firmly.

"You got some nerve," Ross said, hologram walking up to the Captain. "I'll give you that."

"You could use some of that right now," Natasha replied.

"The world's on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?"

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission," Steve stated. "Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight." He took a step towards the hologram. "And if you wanna stand in our way... we'll fight you too."

Ross turned to Rhodes. "Arrest them."

"All over it," Rhodey responded before swiping off the hologram. "That's a court-martial. It's great to see you, Cap."

The two men hugged. "You too, Rhodey," Steve responded before Natasha went to hug Rhodey.

"Well. You guys really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years."

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star," Sam commented.

"Uh, I think you look great," Bruce nervously walked in from the opposite end of the room. "Uh... heh... Yeah. I'm back."

"Hi, Bruce," Nat greeted softly.

"Nat."

"This is awkward," Sam whispered.

Steve looked around. "Has anyone heard from Y/N?" He asked. "She'd want to know-"

"She's missing too, Steve," Bruce interrupted. "When I found Tony to get his help, Y/N was with him."