hundred two

Y/N was walking out to the quinjet with Fury, dying to ask a question.

"Are you going through with Theta Protocol?" Y/N asked, quietly.

"I am," Fury answered. "I believe we'll need it. Don't you?"

"As much as I want to believe we can end it in Korea, I have a feeling it won't end there."

"Coulson contacted me. Tried to get me to convince you to stay out of this. Any idea why?"

"He's worried."

"Nothing to do with the sudden ability to create portals?"

"Nick-"

"I'm just saying, I don't usually sit people out. But you should think about sitting this one out."

"It's too late. I'm already in this."

"Alright, just... stay safe."

~~~

Steve and Y/N were dropped off a few roofs down from Cho's lab, for safety measures. They headed towards the edge of the roof and looked towards the lab.

"Two minutes," Steve told Nat and Clint, who were on comms. "Stay close." He glanced at Y/N before looking back at the lab. "You know, I really wish that you could just open a portal into the building."

"You and me both," she replied.

Steve jumped from roof to roff as Y/N used her portals to get to each roof. When they reached the lab building and entered, it was clear that Ultron and been there but also wasn't there anymore. They found Helen on the floor, wounded.

"Dr. Cho!" Steve exclaimed as they ran to her. They knelt beside her.

"He's uploading himself into the body," she stated, clearly in pain.

"Where?" Y/N asked.

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable.... You can't just blow it up... You have to get the Cradle to Stark."

"First we have to find it," Steve said.

"Go."

They ran out of the lab and towards the highway. They began to climb up the ladder to get to higher ground.

"Did you guys copy that?" Steve asked through the comms.

"We did," Clint responded.

"I got a private jet taking off, across town, no manifest," Natasha informed them. "That could be him."

"There. It's the truck from the lab. Right above you guys. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. I got three with the cradle, one int he cab. I could take out the driver."

"Negative!" Y/N quickly said. "If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city."

"We need to draw out, Ultron," Steve stated.

Steve jumped down onto the truck, getting Ultron's attention. Y/N rolled her eyes and formed a portal above the truck, accessing it that way. Trying to get through the doors of the truck, Steve and the doors are blasted back by Ultron.

"Well, he's definitely unhappy!" Steve commented, hanging onto the door as it got dragged. "I'm gonna try and keep him that way."

"You're not a match for him, Cap," Clint said.

"Thanks, Barton."

Ultron blasted at Steve as he tried to enter the truck. Steve hit the windshield of the car behind them. Y/N ran and flipped into the truck, dodging a blast from Ultron by creating portals. The blast came through a portal behind Ultron, hitting him in the back.