hundred twenty-four

Start from the beginning

"I've missed them, too," she replied. "I... I really didn't want to leave."

"They knew that. And they felt terrible for what had happened when you woke. They had many arguments with Director Mace about it."

"I didn't like that guy."

"He grew on me," Yo-Yo shrugged. She leaned back in her chair. "Where have you been?"

"I can't say," Y/N shook her head.

"Understandable. They never stopped searching, you know?"

"I figured."

"They actually caught sight of you once. In South Africa, I think."

"They wouldn't be the only ones. I was stupid for staying too long in one spot." Y/N silently watched her unconscious friends for a moment. "I was going to say that I can't imagine what's going on in there, but I kinda can. Falling asleep, walking up in a new world. It's how I got here."

"Except they're walking up to a demon world."

"Truth," Y/N chuckled. "Very true... Do we have any idea where the others might be kept at?"

"No."

Y/N let herself comb over Yo-Yo's thoughts briefly. "You and Mack, huh? That's..."

"Interesting?"

"I was going to say exciting. The height difference must be a real challenge though."

Yo-Yo laughed. "I don't let it stop me."

"Never thought you did."

"And you and Stark?"

"It's complicated. Especially now."

"I can imagine."

"Honestly, Yo-Yo, I don't know if you can."

~~~

"Agent Rodriguez!" A woman came jogging up to Yo-Yo and Y/N, who were still watching over their friends. "Agent-" She came to a halt. "Agent Rogers? I thought-well, you should be-"

"On the run. I know," Y/N responded. "You are?"

"Agent Piper, ma'am."

"And what seems to be the problem, Agent Piper?"

"We're running out of power. Keeping them plugged in is draining the Zephyr faster than we thought."

"Are we cloaked?"

"Yes, ma'am."

Y/N took a deep breath, thinking over the options. "It's going to be risky but I need you to uncloak the Zephyr."

"What?" Yo-Yo questioned. "You can't be serious? They'll see us."

"Just trust me and do it, Agent Piper."

"Yes, ma'am," Agent Piper responded, heading back to the controls.

"And please stop with the ma'am, it's annoying."

"Are you sure about this?" Yo-Yo asked her.

"No. But if anyone tries to take this bird down, I'll take them down first."

~~~

"Zephyr's got 24 hours till it runs out of power," Agent Davis, a man, informed.

"We can't wait anymore," Agent Piper chimed in. "We need to touch down and refuel."

"Let's not have this conversation again," Yo-Yo said.

"Okay, we don't know who we can trust at SHIELD and, the government, Talbot's been trying to reach us. Maybe it's time we talk to him."