hundred twenty-two

Start from the beginning

"Stark," Ross barked over the intercom system. "Y/N has been spotted in New York City." Both Y/N and Tony froze, looking at each other with wide eyes. "A camera caught her face in Central Park."

"Don't run," Tony told Y/N through his thoughts. "Please."

"I'm working with local authorities as well as my own team to see if she's still in town. I need you on it as well."

"Can't today. Busy."

"This is an order, Stark."

"Still, can't. It's my day off. I'm planning on putting some time in the lab. And spending some time with myself, if you know what I-"

"Stark! This is serious. I don't care if she was your girlfriend. She needs to be found and brought in."

Y/N took a step back, opening a portal behind her. Her and Tony's eyes never left each other's.

"Fine," Tony conceded. "I'll get on it right away."

"Keep me updated," Ross ordered before hanging up.

"So..." Y/N whispered. "You gonna turn me in?"

"Never." He shook his head. "I'm going to go out and take them off your scent. You need to stay here."

"Tony, I can't-"

He rushed to her, grabbing her arms. "Yes, you can. Because you promised me one night. And I can't bear to see you go without a goodbye again."

"Then let me say goodbye. I promise it won't be forever. I was so stupid for walking through the city like that."

"Would you have sought me out if I hadn't found you?"

"... I don't know... I honestly don't know. I'm sorry, Tony. For everything."

He gripped tighter, but not enough to hurt. "Don't go. Please."

"I'm sorry, Tony. I'm so sorry."

Tony quickly responded with his lips on hers. He poured everything he had wanted to say in the past year into that kiss. Y/N willingly reciprocated the kiss. As the kiss deepened, Tony carefully moved his hand into his pocket. He pulled out a thin bracelet. As he held onto Y/N's wrist, he slipped it on. Y/n felt it as is tightened around her wrist.

"What did you just do?!" She exclaimed as she pushed herself away. She looked down, holding her wrist. "What is this?!"

"I'm protecting you!" Tony defended.

"By what?! Tracking me?!"

"It's not a tracker! It's to keep you here!"

"You think this can stop me from leaving?! You don't even know if it works!"

"I DON'T CARE! YOU AREN'T LEAVING ME AGAIN! I can't... I can't take it."

Y/N took a step back, tears pooling in the corner of her eyes. "And you think this-" She help up her wrist, "-will make me want to stay with you?"

"I just want to keep you safe.... You have to understand that. I've already lost so much."

"Everything's not about you, Tony..." She shook her head slightly. "I can't believe you. Trying to keep me stuck here... Like, some sort of prisoner."

"Do you even know what it's like? I've watched you almost die, multiple times. You disappeared on me after losing our baby!"

"I do know what it's like! I've watched you be put in harms too! If you remember, I'm the one who had to close the portal! You almost died because of the arc reactor! You wanted to sacrifice yourself in Sokovia! So don't even. We've both done enough stupid shit for multiple lifetimes."