hundred seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Oh, but I can." Then she disappeared, leaving Y/N alone in the Mirror Dimension.

"Oh, come on! Let me go!"

~~~

FOUR MONTHS AGO...

"Are you ready yet?" The Ancient One asked, appearing out of no where.

"You can't just keep me in here!" Y/N shouted. "I'm not a prisoner!"

"I will keep you in here as long as it takes."

"Ugh!! How long have I even been in here?!"

"Two months."

"Two months?! How am I not dead?"

"Your friends, and the Stones, are keeping your body safe. You will be able to return to it, once you have completed the training."

"I told you, I don't want this." Y/N shook her head. "I never wanted this. Can't the Stones just pick someone else?"

"I'm afraid that's not how this works." The Ancient One watched as Y/N paced. "I would have thought that this time alone would be helpful to you."

"Yeah? In what why?"

"To be able to grieve and morn about the loss of your friends, the life you wished you had, and your child... To be able to forgive yourself and those around you."

"I have forgiven Steve for fighting Tony. And Tony for fighting Steve. I have forgiven Bucky for killing Howard. I have forgiven them of all their faults, because it wasn't all theirs... it was mine... I will never be able to forgive myself. I could have tried harder to keep my family from being torn apart, to keep my baby alive! So... there's no need to forgive everyone else. It's already done... the only person I will never be able to forgive is myself."

~~~

NOW...

"Hey, Y/N," Coulson greeted, stopping by the cell Y/N was being kept in for safe keeping. She was hooked up to many monitors and tubes. "Sorry it's been so long. The Director's been keeping me busy." He chuckled sadly to him as he sat down on a chair beside her bed. "I can only imagine how mad you're going to be when you find out I stepped down... I just... Between you and Daisy. I couldn't keep my focus..."

He sighed. "I'm headed to Los Angeles. Trying to hunt her down... she's a ghost, Y/N. She slips through our fingers every time. I wish... Oh, how I wish things were back to the way they were before. I don't necessarily know how far I want to go, but just before... Stark keeps contacting me, asking me if I've seen or heard anything. I think he knows I'm lying. But I think he understands it's to protect you."

"I'm sorry that I can't spend more time with you. But I do have to go. They... the Director had a shoot to kill order placed on Daisy. I have to go help her some how." He leaned over, placing a kiss on her forehead. "Please, wake up soon. I don't know how much longer I can see you like this."

~~~

TWO MONTHS AGO...

"I'm ready," Y/N huffed. "Let's just get this over with... I've seen what the Stones can do. I understand how important it is to stop them, if what I've seen will happen... I'll train, I'll master the powers they want me to. But them I'm out of here."

"Understood," the Ancient One responded with a nod. "First, let's practice what you've learned with the Mind, Space, and Reality Stones."

Y/N and the Ancient One worked to improve her current knowledge of the powers. Especially where it came to losing her energy. It took two weeks before the Ancient One believed she was ready to learn more.