"I hate Russians." I say aiming my gun at the car.

Jax's POV
"Look." I say to the manager of my club. "I don't care what you've got to do." I sigh and before I could say anything else Alannah's cries and screams were heard through the house.

I end the call and rush out of my office.

"What the fuck is going on?" I ask as Gio carries Alannah.

"Daddy." She sobs as Gio puts her down. She rushes over to me and I pick her up.

"What's wrong bub?" I ask and she cries into my chest.

I look between Gio and Amara.

Where the fuck is Lara?

"She's a bit shaken." Amara says and I rub her back.

"Fucking obviously. Where's Lara?" I ask and she sucks in a breath.

"Spit it out." I say to her and she nods slowly.

"On the way to the airport." She starts and I raise an eyebrow.

"The car was attacked." She says and my heart starts hammering in my chest.

"What kind of attack?" I ask and she sighs.

"Someone was shooting the car. I don't understand what she was saying, she was speaking Portuguese." She says and I close my eyes lightly.

"She got out of the car and the driver drove off. Next thing I know we're being escorted onto a plane after a million safety checks and then we're here." She says and I groan.

"Gio. I need you to take over till I can calm Alannah down and get a hold of Lara." I say and he nods.

I go into my office, grab my phone and head up to my room with Alannah.

I put her on the bed and then take my shoes off and sit beside her.

"I want my mommy." She says curling into my side.

"Me too." I say putting a film on my laptop. Thankfully that distracts her as she holds onto her stuffed animal for dear life.

I call Lara multiple times and she doesn't pick up, not even once.

****
It's been 3 days and I haven't heard a word from Lara. I've rang every single number I have for her: her cell, her house (all three of them), the warehouse, even her current assistant.

I'm worried and if it wasn't for Alannah I would be one a plane to Brazil right now to help Lara out.

I've just bathed Alannah and gotten her into some pyjamas and now she's crying again.

"Alannah, please stop." I plead and she whimpers.

This is the longest I've been left with Alannah on my own. It feels strange. Lara has to have Alannah with her, pretty much all the time.

"Cancelled." Gio says coming into my room. I thank him whilst picking Alannah up.

"I want mama." She cries and I nod.

"I know. Me too." I say rubbing her back.

"What do you want me to do with this?" Gio asks, holding the black velvet box and I wince.

"Put it anywhere." I sigh and he puts it down on a dresser.

"She'll be alright Jax, she's a hardcore badass." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Try calling her again. If I can't get a hold of her today I'm sending Matteo and Rocco to Brazil in the morning." I say and he nods and leaves the room.