HighSchool Teenager - Chapter 1

Chapter 1- 

Beep Beep Beep ..... Beep Beep Beep .... Beep Bee-WHAM

The alarm clock chimed the familiar ringing sound that usually wakes Millie up from her sleep

6:30 Millie thought to herself, yep that’s when I set it for. She flopped back onto her pillow, and let her head slowly sink down into it. Millie slowly fell back into a light sleep, or was she awake? It was hard to tell, But she quickly sat up when she heard something smash in the kitchen, then her mother cursing, her mum must of dropped something. Millie looked over at her clock

6:36, better get up now, for ... School. Millie sighed at her last thought, school didn’t normally bother her, but it was the first day after summer break, and a whole new school. Millie was farely smart, she wasn’t one of those extremely smart people at year 11 level, but she was intelligent.

As Millie sat up she saw herself in the reflection and had to squint a bit, when she did, she jumped back a bit. Her hair was all puffed up and she forgot to rub off her mascara, that was now running under her eyes. Her shirt was all twisted, with one side of her bra hanging out.

As millie sat up she pulled her top up and walked over to her wardrobe. Sitting at the back was her school uniform, A white polo top with a navy skirt, after she pulled that out millie then grabbed her towel, razor and walked into her bathroom.

Ok, so it wasn’t technically HER bathroom, but millie liked to call it that, Her parents had their own bathroom connecting to their bedroom, and the other bathroom belonged to Millie’s half Brother, Dylan, and millie. Because Dylan was only a half brother, he was at HIS mum’s house half the time, so half the time it was millies bathroom, and she liked to call it that.

Millie hopped in the shower, still a little tired, waiting for the hot water to run.

BANG BANG BANG

‘Millie, I need to use the Bathroom’ Dylan called

‘I just got in here!’

‘Well... Close your eyes or something?’

‘Go use Mum’s Bathroom!!’

There was a long silence so Millie expected he had left, so she turned around and started scrubbing up, shaving her legs and washing her hair, also rubbing the mascara from under her eyes.

In? Out? In? Out? Millie thought to herself while standing in front of the mirror, she wasn’t sure wether the girls at North Valley High School (NVHS for short) Wore their shirts tucked in or out. She had checked out photo’s on the website, but the photo’s where taken in winter, when everyone had jumpers on so she couldn’t tell, she decided to wear it tucked in. After applying her make-up and brushing her hair she was happy with the face looking back at her in the mirror, by this time it was 7:30.

So if i have to be at school at 8:30, and it’s a 20 minute walk, that means i have to le....

Millie tried to figure out how much time she had left to get ready as she ate her toast and orange juice, When her brother sat down.

‘Wow.. You look.. Good’ He said to Millie

‘Not that you didn’t look good before, but, you.. Know’ Dylan continued, she realised that he was stuttering because he felt awkward, it probably didn’t help that Millie just stared at him thinking. 

‘That’s okay, Thankyou’ She replied so Dylan didn’t have to sit in silence. Millie understood what he meant, she hadn’t been wearing any make-up or looking after herself all holidays, because during the day when her Mum and Adam (her stepdad) where at work, she never really left the house or her backyard, so she didn’t bother.

Millie finished her breakfast and continued getting ready, she pulled her backpack onto her back, crossed off the last day on her calender where it said ‘School starts’ It sent shivers down her spine and butterlfys in her tummy, but she calmed down

‘Ready kids, i’ll take you now’ Adam said

‘Okay’ Millie and Dylan said in time, looking at eachother with the same, nervous look.

I wonder what my first day will by like? Millie thought, and she knew Dylan was thinking the same thing.