“Closing off the sound would be preferable.”

“Very well.” Carmello used his large tablet style remote to close off the area with glass. He had to admit his cousin was crafty when it came to keeping things in order.

“Mr. Carmello…” Emily started into the area before being stopped by security.

“Emily, I need you to survey the downstairs area for bit. Monitor the bar and the door. Be sure we are still within code enforcement regulations. Head count, things of that nature.” Carmello gave out different duties no doubt to keep the inconspicuous woman busy and away from this impromptu business meeting. Antonio could tell that she wasn’t too pleased about being sent away. The small amount of disapproval was evident as she cut her greet eyes in Allison’s direction. He was pretty sure she was wondering why she got to stay. “Is there something else Emily?”

“Uh sir, would you like for me to escort the lady out as well?” Emily boldly asked. Carmello looked to Antonio for answers and he just politely shook his head.

“No she will be staying.” The thought of women being a part of organizational meetings was mostly unheard of. Every now and again a wife may sit in on at meeting but a random woman was out of the question.

“What is this about?” Carmello asked once the cost was clear.

“Allison, I would like for you to explain to Carmello your findings.”

“Oh, uh… Alright.”

After stumbling over her words a few times and taking a deep breath, Allison effortlessly laid out her findings from the books. From the looks of things Carmello was just as flustered as he felt when first hearing about a thief in their mist. Initially he had his own set of questions and concerns over whether the information delivered was accurate. Once Antonio and Gio confirmed the report was accurate, he had no problems in making the necessary plans to turn over his books. Needless to say the flirtatious light he once viewed Allison in dissipated to a strictly business on.

“Excuse me gentlemen.”

“Where are you going?”

“If I may be excused, I need to go to the ladies room.”

“I will walk you down.” Gio offered.  

“That’s not necessary.”

“Humor me.” She only nodded bashfully. Antonio was trying to figure out why his consigliere was so worried about Allison. It seemed everyone around him has grown a liking for the woman. But why? Why was she so attractive to him all of a sudden? When he first laid eyes on her, there was nothing spectacular about her. Basic, sheltered, and battered woman is what he saw. Suddenly she had grown on him and now seeing her all dolled up was driving him to the brink of insanity. He really wanted to get his dick wet. And not from anyone other than Allison Myers.

“Cousin. I know that look. What is it with this woman?” Carmello asked.

“She is a part of a business arrangement of sorts, let’s just say that.”

“Why can’t I ever have an arrangement like that? I don’t know what all is a part of the terms but signing up as a bed mate would definitely be a bonus. She is beautiful and now I see she is smart as well. If she weren’t black, she would make a perfect asset.”

“What does her being black have to do with anything?”

“Come on now. You know as well as I do, many associates would not approve of such a union. That would ensure anarchy for sure. Giving the already power hungry individuals a reason to act out.”