Chapter Eight

Excuse the bad editing. READ, VOTE, COMMENT, PASS ALONG. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antonio was going through the motions of being back in his home land. He loved Italy with a passion of an obsessed married man fixated with his mistress. Like an addict to the drug of choice, he thrived the most being there. Seeing his mother brought so much peace and joy to his heart. Although he didn’t show it much, it did his body some good being in her presence. Even with the issues that were surfacing with money, he still felt good about the outcome. Gio was on to something when he suggested Mrs. Myers work on the books. Her attention to detail and organization skills is just what their operations need to get them back on track.

The fact that his mother took such an instant liking to the woman threw him totally off kilter though. Carlina Mucciono is as sweet as pie once a person gets to know her but the tough exterior that she consists of is hard to get through. She didn’t open up easily to anyone let alone accept others into her home without a bunch of questions. That’s why he’d concocted such an elaborate story about why she was traveling with him. Instead of digging into the reason why she was there and who she was really, his mother started bragging about how beautiful she was. Picking up on the abbreviation indicating that she was married didn’t even make her question any further.

During dinner she tried to dig a little but came up short. Revealing sad facts of the woman’s life. He didn’t need a report to figure out that her bastard of a husband is the cause for her sterilization. He would be a bold faced lie if he said he wasn’t curious as to what happened. The thing he really wants to know is why she put up with someone that spineless for so long. Surely there was somewhere to turn or someone to turn to. Hell he could be cold and at times downright heartless but only in business. Never would he put his hands on a woman or anyone weaker than him for the sheer shit of it. She seemed like a loyal woman so why destroy her further than obviously life had already done.

The minds of a weak man was always mind-boggling to him. Men who beat women, belittle them, turn them into sniveling piles of wasted flesh should be handled with the same care as they have dished. He could only imagine how terribly hard those same hardcore men would crumble under his vengeful hand. The dish best served cold for them would make them wish on the death angel to come through and snatch them up. The way Derek cried when he was getting the well-deserved beat down was enough to confirm his opinion of him. Maybe he should have allowed her to witness the action to gain some control over her situation.

“Mr. Mucciono?”

“Yes?”

“I have the information you asked for sir.”

“It’s only been two days. You still have an entire day left. Wouldn’t you like to double check your work you claim is completed?”

“No sir, I have already double checked right before I entered your office. I took most of the first day to sort everything out. Once I got them organized by category, I was able to breeze through them fairly easily. I printed these off for you to look over.” She handed him a neatly put together packet. “Do you have a minute so we can go over my findings? I recognize that you are normally busy but this I believe is important.”

“I’m all ears.”

“Alright first let me break down what I have done. I started a database on the laptop that was stored in the drawer of the desk. It’s not connected to the internet or anything so no one can hack into it. After the document was completed, I uploaded the files to multiple disks. Filing only the disks away by category and year. All of the paper files I repacked into boxes but in chronological order just in case you don’t agree with what I have done. Only the documents for the previous year and those that are still in progress are filed away in the remaining drawers until tax time.”