"I didn't know my parents. I was raised by my mentor, DeFrei, who found me on the plains. He told me that he heard the cries of an infant when he woke up one day, and found me wrapped in swaddling clothes. He told me that I stopped crying and smiled at him the moment he picked me up. In the Goblin society, orphans that are not adopted are fated to be slaves. My mentor could not bear to see me with such a tragic future, and decide to adopt me. He gave me the name 'Orthus', which meant 'a treasured companion' in the Goblin language. I am not only his son and his apprentice. I am also his most treasured companion."

The expression on Orthus's face grew even softer as he spoke about DeFrei. Even his face that was not at all good looking appeared to be less hideous.

"I grew up with my mentor from my infancy into my adulthood. He is the smartest of our race. I know you outsiders like to talk about how Goblin Engineering is a talent unique to our race, but little do you know that not every member of our race is granted access to the real Goblin Engineering. Those so-called 'Goblin creations' that are so sought after by you outsiders are mere tricksters in the eyes of a true engineer like me. Only foolish outsiders like you would pay huge amounts of gold to those bumbling idiots." Orthus snorted out loud. He exuded the air of a pedantic scholar that looked down on the average Goblins, but he did have such a qualification.

As recorded by history, due to the Goblin's love of money, not many of them were willing to waste time on learning the real essence of Goblin Engineering. DeFrei and his student, Orthus, were the only Goblins remaining that inherited the knowledge of real Goblin Engineering. Orthus's mechanical eagle was one fine example. If the eagle was a product of an ordinary Goblin, it would not be able to fly as steadily and as fast as Orthus's eagle. It might even fall apart after travelling such a vast distance.

"My mentor is the last Grandmaster in Goblin Engineering. Even I myself have only reached the rank of mentor." sadness slowly replaced Orthus's expression as he continued his narration.

"Why is that?" Ye Ci raised her question at the correct timing, prompting Orthus to continue with the explanation of the quest.

"Because I left Vo'sok." Orthus's voice was soft.

"Isn't Vo'sok a suitable place for the development of Goblin Engineering? Why did you leave that place as a mentor in Goblin Engineering? Have you found a better place?"

"Vo'sok is my home. Is there any place in the world that is better than home?" Orthus's expression darkened, "I left because I was being hunted."

It was something that was not recorded in history, "You were being hunted?"

"Yes. I've been studying by my mentor's side since my youth. The long lifespan of our race meant that we have unlimited amounts of time to conduct countless experiments. This is how I've been living my life." the gentle expression returned to Orthus's face, but it was one that was mixed with sadness, "I never thought that the continent would be split into four parts, and that Naga's forces would invade this continent, spreading the flames of war to Vo'sok itself. We Goblins are a race that is well-versed in engineering. Even a product made by a common Goblin is seen as a technological marvel by you outsiders. Of course, the Dark Lord Naga thought the same about our machineries as well. Many heroes from all the races answered the call to fight by the King of the Gods, Kleid, when Naga declared war on the Gods. Of course, they paid a heavy price as they tried to stop Naga's advance." Orthus cast a glance at Ye Ci, "The Elven King Dau'er was one of them. He was killed in the war, and his soul was imprisoned by Naga."

Ye Ci's heart leapt when she heard his words. The Elven King, Dau'er, was closely related to the Race Quest of the Elves. She had not been able to activate the quest as she did not have all the map fragments to Dau'er's location. No clear record could be found about the Great War in the National Library. Ye Ci herself had only came across bits and pieces of information during her time spent in the library.