Gunslinger of Death - X

It's been a while. My brother gave me a program called 'The Seed'. How he managed to transfer his consciousness to the internet, I have no idea. 

But it's the internet, so I can literally drag him onto my computer screen at any time, not that he answers my questions anyway.

But yeah, the former ALO servers were shut down, but with The Seed, new VRMMORPG games have been popping up everywhere, including a new ALO, this time, complete with both magic and sword skills.

But who knew that in one of these VRMMORPG games, a repeat of the SAO incident would start happening?

The chieftain of the SAO Case Victims Rescue Force, Kikuoka Seijirou, contacted me and told me about the happenings in a game called Gun Gale Online.

I only knew what they told me, so I immediately duplicated my account into GGO and went in to investigate.

"Link start!"

As my body materialized, I realized that I wasn't able to choose how my avatar looked, so the first chance I got, I looked into a window.

"Well, looking good, if I do say so myself." I commented, noting the relatively long black hair tied back into a rattail. I also had a small braid down the right side of my face.

As I walked through the map, the first thing I did was buy a knife.

Yep, in a game primarily about guns, I bought a combat knife, and that's it.

So what did I do? I farmed credits. I needed the money to buy a good weapon so I could take part in the Bullet of Bullets. Speaking of which, the registration deadline for it is in a few days, so I have a few days to assassinate as many players as possible and plunder their money and loot.

Within a day, I became known as The Shadow Emperor due to the fact that I always assassinate people under the cover of night or from the shadows, hidden underneath a cloak.

No-one ever noticed me, so before I knew it, I had a truckload of money as well as several guns.

On the day of the deadline, I looked through my inventory as I sorted the weapons that I wanted to use in the tournament. 

I decided to use a Desert Eagle Mark XIX and a Barrett M107 as my primary weapon. I also equipped a combat knife because let's face it, I cannot be X without the use of at least one knife.

I was ready, and so I decided to start walking towards the Governor's Office, which is the registration site of the BoB.

On the way, I encountered Kirito and... Someone else.

Kirito's avatar looked like a female avatar, and he sounds like a girl, so I'm going to go ahead and assume that the girl thinks he's also female.

"Yo, little sis! You took my advice, huh? Finally decided to explore GGO?" I asked, walking up to them, "Who's your friend?"

Kirito immediately shot me an annoyed yet grateful look as the blue-haired girl introduced herself, "I'm Sinon, I was going to lead your sister to the Governor's Office."

I nodded, "Signing up for the BoB already, little sis? I admire your guts."

"I'm not a child anymore, nii-san, and you know how good I am in combat games." He pouted, yep, definitely an act.

I laughed, "Well, we should all hurry up. We have about twenty minutes left until the deadline."

I quickly led them to a buggy rental, "Let's show your little friend how good your skills are in racing games, okay, little sis?"

I paid for one of the buggies as Kirito hopped in the driver's seat, "That's not fair, nii-san, you could've at least let me pay for it."

"Come on, I gotta take care of my baby sister, don't I? Come on, show her what you got." I laughed at Kirito's suffering.

As Sinon and I sat at the back of the buggy, I turned to her, "I'm X, by the way. Although I'm apparently known around here as The Shadow Emperor."

Kirito nodded, "Yeah, he brags about it a lot."

Sinon's expression turned to surprise, "Huh, I didn't expect the assassin that plunders players to be taking part in the BoB. What gun?"

I laughed, "Not so fast, you're taking part too, aren't you? I can't just show my hand to my opponent, now can I?"

Sinon sighed, "Yeah, you're right."

Kirito suddenly stepped on it, and we zoomed off to the Governor's Office.

"Woah!"

I was howling with laughter, "I told ya my little sis is good at racing games!"

Sinon stayed silent, and eventually also started laughing, "Yeah, she is!"

I then leaned over to Kirito, "Did the crackhead sign you up to this as well?"

"If by crackhead you mean the chieftain, yes."

"Thought so. Talk to ya later, but if you get mowed down in the tournament, don't worry about it. I'll find Death Gun for the both of us, okay?"

He nodded silently, focusing on driving.

I leaned back in my seat, "Well then, we might as well get to know each other as Kirito drives. So? Tell me about yourself."

...

When we got to the office, we had about twelve minutes left. We registered and entered our personal details.

Aha.

I looked over to Sinon and Kirito, "You guys done?"

Sinon nodded whilst Kirito hurried to submit.

Sinon pulled Kirito into a changing room, and I immediately started chortling. I was expecting Kirito to come out with at least some kind of consequence.

Not long later, I was laughing my ass off as Kirito and Sinon came out of the changing room. Kirito had a massive slap mark on his cheek.

"Oh my god! I can't believe you believed that!" I howled as Sinon looked away, blushing furiously.

I patted Sinon on the shoulder, "Don't worry, he won't come at you with sexual advances. He already has a girlfriend. Oh yeah, by the way, Kirito and I aren't actually related, so all that bullshit about him being my baby sister? Yeah, that's completely false."

Sinon raised her hand against me, and I quickly dodged out of the way, "At any rate, I'm sorry we lied to you like that, but we're currently being employed by the cops to investigate some rumors happening in GGO, so I'd like to ask you to not blow our cover."

She raised her eyebrow in surprise, "Oh, well if it's legal activity then I guess it's fine... I still hate the both of you, though."

I laughed, "Don't worry! As long as you don't somehow murder us in real life, everything'll be fine!"

A/N: So X really likes to mess with Sinon, apparently. Honestly, I'm sure he'll end up messing with her even more when she decides to start playing ALO.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed that chapter, if you did, consider voting and following for more. Peace out, everybody. Goodbye.

Timeless_95, signing out.