10 | car rides and a 'jet'

CHAPTER 10,

CAR RIDES AND A 'JET'

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE CAR KEYS that were placed inside of the top drawer of the green cabinet was an important asset to the sisters plans. This is because they had actually gone out of their way to sneakily steal the car keys and drive away with the car itself. No one had turned around when they heard the car engine drive off into the distance, assuming that it's just another family choosing to leave the restaurant.

Currently, it's nighttime and the only source of lights are the street lamps that are evenly positioned along the edge of the highway. It reflects a yellow lighting onto the vehicles that pass beneath each one of the lamps. One of those cars is the BMW that the three had stolen as they each sit comfortably upon the red leather interior. Clover had called dibs on being in the passengers seat, which leaves Yelena shoved in the back with the aim of getting some rest — only she doesn't seem to be getting any at all.

"Did you know that this vest was the first piece of clothing I brought myself?" Yelena tells the redhead with a proud smile. "I always want to wear it."

"The amount of times I've put it through the wash and she's complained that she can't find it." Clover says, lightly laughing.

Natasha raises a brow. "That?"

"Do you not like it?" Clover questions, a frown now replacing the smile. "I like it. So does Lena."

"Is that like an army surplus?" Natasha continues.

"It has a lot of pockets." Yelena states, ignoring the taunts. "But I use them all the time."

"I even helped her make some modifications to it so that it'll be more suitable." Clover adds.

Natasha begins to laugh as she listens to them as she finds amusement in it. The redhead understands that the two are just trying to make a situation more lighthearted, or just both generally desire to have a conversation that isn't about Dreykov or the Red Room. The twins just want to be normal.

"Shut up!" Yelena exclaims with a groan. "The point is, I've never had control of my life before, and now I do. Same goes for Clover."

"Yeah, I want to be able to freely do things and enjoy the moment." Clover states.

A faint smile tugs at the corners of Natasha's lips as she glances between the pair through the rear-view mirror that's in the centre of the car. Clovers head tilts to cast a glance over at the redhead seated next to her. The warm smile is returned to Natasha too.