6 | natashas personal mission

CHAPTER 6,

NATASHAS PERSONAL MISSION

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE THREE SISTERS have eventually managed to relax around one another after the physical fight that has just happened. It seemed easy for them to put their guard down and continue on with the conversation like nothing had happened; Yelena went into the wrecked kitchen to pour herself a shot of alcohol, pouring one for Clover as well. But after all, they are sisters, and fighting is what siblings do sometimes.

"You both just had to come and live in Budapest, didn't you?" Natasha asks.

"What can I say? We can make excellent decisions when we want to." Clover tells the redhead with a hint of a grin on her face. "I mean, this place looks beautiful and there was already an apartment that was vacant for us."

"Honestly, we came to this place because we thought that you wouldn't." Yelena states.

"But since you're here, you can answer a question of mine; what bullet does that?" Clover asks, curiously.

Natasha's eyes follow to where the blonde is pointing over to. A curious feeling seeps into redheads body too, but mainly because she hasn't been inside of the apartment for ages and normally tends to try block the memories out. But green eyes soon catch sight of three marks that have been evidently etched into the wall, located just underneath the pegs on the painted wall to hang up different coats and jackets. However, the small markings aren't the usual shape of bullets, which is why Clover feels the longing need to start questioning Natasha and listen to the information.

"Not bullets. Arrows." Natasha corrects.

Clover opens her mouth to ask why there are arrow markings etched into the wall, but quickly closes it once again. Lips are pulled into a thin line as Clover decides against asking another question. Something happened within this apartment, something that has been lingering in Natasha's mind and is constantly reminding her of the reality of what happened.

"If neither of you thought I'd come here, why'd you send me this?" Natasha asks.

"You brought it back here?" Yelena questions with a raised voice, shocked.

With curiosity, Clover spins around to turn her focus back onto the redhead after briefly pulling her gaze towards the broken cupboards. Brown eyes fall onto the vials of red dust now placed down onto the table in front of the three. Clovers eyes, as well as Yelena's, widen at the sight of the vials being returned back to their possession, which is something that they didn't want to happen. Clover knows that Natasha is just looking for answers since they didn't address much, but she still thinks that it shouldn't be near them.