9 | past and present memories

CHAPTER 9,

PAST AND PRESENT MEMORIES

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE THREE SISTERS walk into a local shop that appears to be empty of other people (excluding the cashier). They all instantly allow their eyes to scan each one of the shelves in search for specific supplies and necessities that they will be able to buy. Light footsteps can be heard from each one of the three, which is something that they've just gotten used to doing ever since they were all trained to become a Widow assassin — it's a habit that's stuck around, sometimes for the better or sometimes it's just a painful reminder.

"The Red Room's still active. Where is it?" Natasha asks, a hint of determination in her voice.

"We have no idea." Clover admits with a heavy sigh of frustration. "Dreykov's always moving locations."

"Yeah, and every Widow is sedated on entry and exit for maximum security." Yelena adds.

The blonde starts to search in the first aid section of the small shop so that she'll be able to tend to her sounds and avoid an infection from arising. Clover is right by her side in this aisle, making sure that all of the supplies are correct and won't be too expensive considering that they don't have much money with them in this moment of time. As well as that, Clover is more skilled in the medical side of things than her twin sister, so Yelena allows her to pick them all out.

"I'm just finding it hard to believe that he could stay off my radar." Natasha tells them.

"It's not exactly a smart move to attack an Avenger if you want to stay hidden." Clover states.

"The clue is in the name." Yelena says. "If Dreykov kills you, one of the big ones comes to avenge you."

"What are the big ones?" Natasha asks as her brows furrow together in confusion.

"Well, I doubt the god from space has to take an ibuprofen after a fight." Yelena comments.

"By the way, where  did you think we were all this time?" Clover asks, intrigued to know the answer.

Natasha pauses, sucking in a breath. "I thought that you both got out and were just living a normal life. I didn't think you'd separate considering you're twins and are literally never seen apart."

"But you decided to never make contact?" Clover questions, now putting pressure on the older sister.

"Honestly, I thought that you guys wouldn't want to see me." Natasha replies.

"Ha! Bullshit." Yelena exclaims while rolling her eyes. "You just didn't want your baby sisters to tag along whilst you saved the world with the cool kids."