Suélteme

As a boost of adrenaline hit Macarena, she sprang up from her seat with a burst of energy as Zulema went to fetch her gun from the cabinet. She soon came back out of the van and walked towards Maca. Looking directly into her eyes, she held out Maca's gun towards her. Maca moved closer and took it, holding Zulema's stare with her own. ¿Qué hacemos?" She asked the brunette.
"We wait," came the certain reply.
"Cómo?"
"We wait. We can't go back into the woods."
"Por que no?" Maca asked, slightly confused.
"Because we don't know who he is or where he is even," Zulema replied.
"So we just wait here until he shows up pointing a gun at us?"
"Mm hm."
Maca stared with a look of confusion. "Well I'm going," she said as she turned to walk away. It must be the shock and anger that made her just want to go back and find the man who frightened her so. Before she could leave, Zulema grabbed her firmly by the arm to stop her. "No Rubia." Maca flung her head around to meet Zulema.
"Suélteme," she said in a stern but calm voice. Zulema held her arm for a few moments more, before eventually releasing her. Maca, after death staring Zulema, began walking away. Zulema watched her go with wide eyes and a feeling of complete fear and stress. Why wouldn't the Rubia listen to her just once?!

"Maca..."
She ignored her. Zulema decided to follow Maca, not wanting to lose her out of her sight again. "Maca. Maca, espera," she said, trying to catch up to her. The blondie stopped and turned around to face Zulema. "If you're going back, you're not going alone. It's too dangerous." She explained.
"Vale," she replied. The two confidently continued walking around the lake, and towards the woods. The moonlight shone down and created a glow across the lake as they walked passed. The glowing light acting as a torch, guiding them safely. Just as they became near to the woods, they saw a dark figure emerging from the trees. It must be him. He started walking towards them. "Espera," Zulema said, holding her hand as a stop sign in front of Macs who was walking slightly behind.

"It's him," Macarena whispered.
"Stay quiet." They waited there silently and still as the man approached nearer and nearer.
"Hey!" He shouted to them as he got even closer; close enough he could spot them. Zulema focused to try and see if he was holding a gun still. It was too dark; she couldn't see.

They hesitantly approached closer as the gap between them and the man lessened. "Lower your gun!" Came a shout from the man.
"Y tú!" Zulema shouted back as she held her gun tightly with both hands, refusing to lower. The two women got closer as the figure of the man became clearer. Zulema kept walking and Maca slowed. "Zulema," Maca muttered in a wary voice.
"Esta bien Rubia. Adelante," Zulema reassured with a nod of her head forwards to tell Maca to continuing advancing. Maca had an unsure expression as she reluctantly followed alongside her partner. She kept glancing at the woman slightly in front of her as if to try and stop her walking. They were walking into danger and Maca could see it.

Neither side lowered their guns. Zulema was very stubborn and there was no way she'd lower her weapon first. "Qué quieres?" She shouted.
"Dinero!" Came the strong reply.
"We don't have any money!" Zulema shouted back the lie, knowing full well they had bags of jewellery and cash. "Zulema." Maca ushered again as Zulema kept walking forwards. She wanted her to stop walking; every step was making Maca even more anxious. But she proceeded with bravery.
"Yes you do," the man said. Each side became closer where they stopped walking and held their guns pointed at one another.
"We have no money," Zulema repeats.
"All I want is some money and I'll leave you alone."
"She's already told you, we don't have any!" Maca piped up, beginning to lose patience.
"Cállate Rubia," the man replied, barely shifting his gaze from the brunette to the blonde.
"Hey! Only I can call her Rubia, cabron," Zulema expressed.
"I've seen you. I've seen you both on tv."
'Shit,' they both thought. Zulema glances to Maca, trying not to turn her gaze too far from the man.
"I don't think so," Zulema said.
"Yes! You two are the most wanted thieves in Spain!" He declared.
"We don't have anything to give you. Otherwise we would so you'd leave us," said Zulema.
"Give me your money!" He suddenly shouted, pointing the gun stronger at Zulema.
"No!"
The man suddenly fired but the bullet missed Zulema by a few inches and shot off into the distance, luckily missing Maca too. Almost simultaneously, Zulema fired as well, shooting him in the arm. He dropped his gun and clutched his arm, groaning in pain.
"Aghhhh hija de puta!"
"Cállate!" Zulema shouted, still pointing the gun at him. Maca stood closely behind with her gun poised.
"Aghhh joder! Hija de la gran p-" but the man was cut off. Zulema ended his life with three shots to the chest. Bang bang bang. He fell to the floor as blood leaked from his chest. Dead. Maca stood with a face of shock and terror. What were they going to do now? Zulema walked over to his corpse as Maca spoke, staying exactly where she was standing.
"Zulema wha-"
"Esta bien Rubia. It's over," she said as she looked down at the body. "It's what had to be done. He was going to kill us both."
They now had a dead body on their hands.
"We need to get rid of his body," Maca said.
"We will," Zulema replied. "You any good at lifting a dead man Rubita?"
"Well-"
"You'll have to help me lift him."
The two women lifted the dead man and slowly carried him to a little patch of soft ground just outside the start of the woods. They placed the body on the floor.
"Now go and fetch the shovels from the back of the car. We've got some digging to do Rubia," she looked at Maca with a smile.