Money is a dangerous game

It was one heist of many, that ended in a way they didn't expect. The duo had always suspected something may go wrong one time, but they never planned it being this bad. The cold winters night on December 4th brought many unexpected happenings for Macarena and Zulema. It all started at 7:00 pm. The heist was going well; they'd managed to steal 20,000€ and thousands worth of jewellery from one of the biggest jewellery stores in Spain. The hardest part was leaving without been caught in the process. It's true, they had done many heists before. But nothing had prepared them for this one.

"Maca, come on! We have to leave!" Shouted Zulema as she watched Maca trying to grab more jewellery from the glass cabinet. She waited nervously by the door holding a big black bag full of their treasure. Her heart rate rised as she watched the blonde with worried eyes that she hoped would make Maca hurry by staring at her. "Maca!"

"Voy voy." The blonde replied as she ran over to her crime partner who was still frantically waiting by the door. "Why did you continue? We have enough!" Zulema said with a raised voice out of panic and frustration.
"We have time! I thought the more the better Zulema. We need the money!" Maca strongly replied as she reached the brunette.
"Come on, we need to go. Now!" Said Zulema as they ran out of the doors. But to their surprise, there were police cars pulling into the car park. "Shit!" Zulema shouted.
"Fuck, what do we do!" Maca shouted over the loud wail of sirens.
"Follow me!" Zulema ran in the direction of their getaway car.
"What are you doing Zulema! We'll never outrun them!"
"Just run Rubia. Vamos!"
With fear and panic on their minds, they sprinted as fast as they could towards their little black Seat that was parked waiting for them. Maca couldn't believe Zulema sometimes. The scrapes she's pulled her through and the multiple near death experiences. She often wondered how she ever survived her heists with this woman. She hated her most of the time. Yes she has had some very dangerous times with Zulema but she's always managed to bring them both out alive. And that shows something about the brunette..

They were swiftly approaching the car as they could hear the sirens getting closer. But the cars had stopped. Zulema spun her head around to notice that the police were now on foot chasing after them. "Joder, Maca run faster!" She could see they were pointing guns their way but decided not to tell Maca. It would only scare her and she couldn't afford anything going wrong. Not now.
"Ahh!" Maca shouted an act of frustration as she continued running; an exasperation of exhaustion and lack of energy. "Where the fuck is the car!" She shouted in anger again as she continued to run alongside Zulema. They were 10 metres from their destination car when a shot was fired and Maca suddenly fell to the floor with a scream. "Aahhhhh joder!" She yelled in pain as she lay on the floor, clutching her leg. "Zulema!"
Zulema was already slightly in front of Maca when she fell. Hearing Maca scream her name, she spun around and noticed her partner on the floor, a stream of blood oozing from her thigh, staining her blue denim jeans. "Maca!" She cried as she ran back to her aid. She knelt down and pushed her hand on Maca's wound to try and stop the blood. "Come on Rubia. Try and stand up, we can't stay here!" The brunette tried to lift Maca off the floor.
"No puedo!" Cried Maca in pain. "Aghh ayúdame!" she screamed as a tear rolled down her face.
"Venga Rubia," said Zulema as she tried lifting her again. "Uno, dos, y tres!" She yelled as she held Maca tight and helped her stand up. Zulema held Maca up by placing the rubia's arm round her shoulder and placing her other arm round the blondes waist. Together they headed for the car as quickly as possible, Maca limping on the way with cries of pain. Shots were fired behind them, sparking adrenaline in them to move faster.
Finally reaching the car after their combined struggle to escape more gunshots, Zulema managed to balance opening the car door and holding maca up simultaneously. "Venga Rubia." Said Zulema in a rush as she helped Maca into the back of the car. She lay down across the back seat, crying out in pain. "Estás bien?" Zulema checked Maca was ok before she was to jump into the front of the car. "Yes, just get us out of here!" She managed to say inbetween screams of pain. Zulema slammed the door shut and jumped into the drivers seat. Turning the key in the ignition, she tried to start the car. "Vamos vamos vamos!" She shouted as the car wouldn't start. The police were getting closer as Zulema's fear grew more and more. She looked in her mirror and noticed they were less than 30 yards away. "Zulema," Maca said in an exhausted, quiet voice, in desperation for them to leave. She wanted Zulema to hurry up; they were running out of time.

"Hang on Rubia!" She tried the car again. Nothing. "Hijo de puta!!" She screamed as she tried again. It suddenly roared up and Zulema slammed her foot down. As bullets hit the metal of the car, they sped off out of the car park.

They thought the worst was over. They may have escaped but now they faced a much worse problem; Maca's wound. But they couldn't go to a hospital as their faces were all over the news from their previous heists. They'll surely be recognised. Zulema thought hard about what to do. There was only one safe option....head straight back to their caravan. And hope that they'd make it back in time before Maca lost much more blood...