30: Public Message

Começar do início

"Kyle." I called, but he barely acknowledged me.

"Kyle." I said again.

"What?" He yelled, whipping his head towards me with flaring eyes.

I didn't flinch. Instead, I walked over to him and pointed at the punching bag.

"Teach me how to punch this."

Kyle looked confused for a second, but shrugged.

"Well, you definitely have to have your thumbs outside your fist, and away from where you're going to hit." I nodded, knowing that much.

"For a really simple punch, you have to keep in mind not to punch with your pinky, but with the knuckles of your first two fingers." He showed me on his hand, "so you have to tilt it a little like this. But make sure to keep your wrist straight." He punched the bag then, pushing it back with incredible force. If I had been punched like that on my face, my jaw would have cracked.

I positioned my fists like he told me, and punched the bag, the bag barely moving from where it was.

"Good. Just put a little more force into it. Try stepping into it."

I took a few steps back, and swung my arm out into the punch with all the force I could muster.

The bag went much further, but Kyle was cracking up beside me. "What's so funny?"

"Your arm's going to fly out of its sockets if you keep punching like that."

I grinned. "I can totally take down the Shadow Legion like this, can't I?"

Kyle's face fell a little, and I knew I had said the wrong thing.

"What are you so bothered about?" I asked him gently.

"It's nothing. Come on, try again."

"No. Tell me." I pushed a little, studying his face cautiously. The last thing I wanted was him to blow up on me.

Kyle made a frustrated sound, throwing another punch in.

"Kyle." I said in a level tone. "Tell me what you're thinking."

He looked at me, eyeing me intensely but I couldn't decipher what he was thinking. "Kyle?"

He sighed, running a hand down his golden hair.

"I'm not used to this, Cass."

"Not used to what?"

"Waiting." He paused, "not knowing."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm always out there, on missions, having a purpose, knowing I was winning. But now...they keep on overwhelming us, and I keep on researching, but I don't even know what I'm looking for. All I know is that I need to keep you safe, but I'm doing a shitty job of that too."

I gently latched my hands onto his clenched fists. "Hey. I'm still here, safe, in the Office, basically the securest place I could be right now. I'm feeling pretty lost and confused too, but sometimes you just need to be flexible and let whatever around you not get to you too much."

Kyle sighed. "I know. I know but...it's easier said than done."

I pondered for a second. "You know what you need to do? Cool down."

"Yeah...?" Kyle mumbled, raising a brow at me.

I took his hand, feeling my heart rate rise with excitement. "Let's go into the pool."

"We don't have our swim suits." He immediately shook my idea away.

"We don't need one." Kyle narrowed his eyes at me, as if he was asking me if I could actually be suggesting that.

I smiled, and took off my school vest and dress shirt. I was feeling adventurous, and I hoped he wouldn't freak out and make me put my shirt on again. That would be the most embarrassing thing ever. I had a tank top on under my shirt, and spandex under my skirt, so it wasn't like I was going with my underwear. I slipped my socks off, looking up at him.

"Come on." I urged, and he finally gave in. He slipped off his shirt, and my breath caught at his naked torso. His toned body would never cease to catch me off guard. Kyle was finally in only his boxers, and I could tell he was checking me out just as much as I was him.

He eyed the curve of my neck, and my waistline visible from my form-fitting tank top.

"Race you to the pool." I said, starting to run. I jammed the door open to enter the pool section, and dove into the water. The sudden coldness wrapped around me like a blanket of bubbles. When I got to the surface to take a breath, Kyle was beside me, grinning widely.

"Told you it would be a good idea." I said, and Kyle only nodded. I dove under again, letting the water envelop me. I watched Kyle do the same, swimming deeper and deeper like a trained swimmer. The chlorinated water were washing out my eyes, but I couldn't care less at that moment. I was feeling so alive and excited.

When we both went up for air, we swam towards the shallow end, instead of the deep end which literally went down to 25 feet, and was kind of freaking me out.

"I haven't been in this pool for so long," Kyle said, almost to himself, "I've just been so busy."

"Well, you're here now." I said, pushing myself up out of the pool to sit at the edge, my feet dangling and my toes skimming the water.

"True." He said, following my actions to sit at the edge. "Thanks for making me do this. I kind of really needed it."

"It was something I thought of at the spur of the moment." I said nonchalantly, but my eyes were trained onto his abdomen, where his muscles were indented clearly and I was imagining myself running my hands down them.

I looked up and met his eyes, and at the moment we both knew what I was thinking. My cheeks went bright red, but Kyle was quick to cup his hand on my cheek, and press his wet lips firmly against mine. I sucked in a breath of surprise, but followed his actions immediately. Our bodies were pushed against each other, the water on our skin making me feel more excited than I could have imagined. I ran my hands along his stomach, and I cherished how his skin felt on my fingers.

I pulled my legs out of the water and straddled him by his hips. He looked at me questioningly for a moment, but I smiled at him and pushed him down gently, so I would be on top. I didn't exactly know what I was doing, but I knew that I liked being in control of the situation. Realizing what I was doing, Kyle pulled out his legs and let me take over.

I kissed his neck, hoping I was doing it right, and gently sucked on it. When Kyle let out a soft groan, I couldn't help but grin. I repeated the action a few more times before moving back to his lips and letting our mouths explore each other. Kyle's hands trailed down my waist, and he slipped his hands under my tank top, gently gliding his fingers on the skin of my waist. I shivered slightly, but when he trailed his fingers on my hips, I gasped slightly.

Kyle's eyes suddenly glinted. "Sensitive spot?" He asked through kisses, and kept on running his hands over the skin. I moaned, more loudly than I would have liked, and wanted him to stop but also go on forever at the same time.

"So much for cooling down." Kyle joked, as our hot breaths mixed together.

"No kidding."

* * * * *

Hi guys! Long time no see! Honestly I've been so busy lately I couldn't even think about writing. As all high schoolers know, 4th quarter is hell. I've been having so many tests and projects and soccer practices I'm so worn out. Summer is in 1 and a half months, so everyone just hang on! I also had this writer's block thing which I'm not quite sure I'm out of yet but my writing is also coming back to me. But anyway thank you so much to like the 100 or so people who seem to be reading this story despite the fact that my updates are slow, erratic, and untrustworthy. But I hope it helps that I added a little bit of romance to those who like that ;)

With that being said, please vote and comment because it really does let me know what you're thinking of this story, and what I need to improve on. See you in the next chapter :D