21. Love Is In The Air

❝ Always remember, my heart holds you when my arms can't.❞

🍃

It has been weeks since Raghav was discharged from the hospital. His wounds started healing and he could join the hospital again. His one-week vacation in India extended too long to his wish.

In those days Siya gained a lot more reputation throughout her incredible works in the medical field. A flood occurred a few days ago— she had played both roles in the absence of Raghav and won a lot of people's hearts.

Doctors from other countries would come to give her prestigious awards. They said, in this era such talent was rare.

So there they were, sitting in the front row with some most popular doctors beside them, discussing various things. They offered Siya to work for them but she politely refused their proposal only to tell them, she would be happy if she treated poor people here which quite amazed them.

"Dr. Chauhan, it would be great if you personally take the responsibility to treat my mother." Dr. Smith offered Siya, which was appointed for Raghav.

She glanced at Raghav who was sitting there quietly smiling at them but his smile faded.

"No. I mean i-"

"It's okay, Dr. Chauhan. I know Dr. Mishra will not mind, will you?" Raghav gave him a tight lip smile and looked away. She saw how he knitted his eyes together to suppress the emotions.

Their conversation was going on but his mind was somewhere else. He didn't pay much attention to them.

Siya was called to the stage and accepted the award with a bright smile on her face. The moment was so proud for her to describe in words.

"Congratulations to you Dr. Siya Chauhan! Would you like to share your feelings with us?" the host asked her and handed her the microphone.

"Firstly I would like to thank each and everyone present here, to my coworker, my influencer, everyone. I'm just so grateful to receive such honor from you. But behind me there's a special person— without whom I can't achieve any of these-" she paused and stole a secret glance at Raghav to see him sitting there with a neutral expression on his face. Under all the shimmering lights his eyes were narrating a different kind of tale she couldn't quite decipher at that time.

"-but I don't want to reveal his name now. I believe he's capable enough to stand by his name and he is." a proud smile played on her lips as the guilt she had been feeling till now, washed over completely.

🍃

One evening Raghav was sitting on the bank of the river near Radhakrishna temple with the diary in his hands, gazing fondly at it.

Picking up a dry maple leaf from the ground he put it on a particular page, smiling mentally.

Taking out his flute, he started syncing with his lips as the environment changed and birds started singing too along with it. The devotees in the temple watched the mysterious guy leaning on a tree and found themselves unconsciously drowning in the tune as the cool breeze hit his skin, encouraging him to play more effortlessly.

A sudden tap on his shoulder brought him back to his world. He looked back to see a smiling Siya take a seat beside him. Her face was glowing like a newly appeared star in the sky.

"Bohot khush lag rhe ho aj. Reason kya hai?" a playfulness in her voice.

"Jab tum mere sath ho, khushi to hogi hi." a blush crept around her soft cheeks as he chuckled at her.