20. Danish

❝ In a sea of people, my eyes will always search for you.❞

🍃

Siya's POV,

A gasp left my mouth as I held my breath to see Danish was standing there with a pistol in his hand and a creepy grin on his face. I froze at my spot as if some unseen energy held my ankle to not let me go.

With each step he took toward me I felt my heartbeat increase. Sweat beads covered my forehead as I recalled our last encounter in the hospital.

A Mafia.

He's going to kidnap me.

He's going to kill-

'Raghav! Where are you?'

I snapped my head back to see he was still there, talking over his phone.

I felt hot breath fanning on my shoulders as my head jerked to my front to see Danish was staring at my face. A short gap between us. His jaw was set and he was wearing a black suit that was easily unrecognizable at the night. His aura was intimidating.

"You mustn't want me to force you for coming with me. Do you babygirl?" He asked.

"I-i'm not going with you anywhere," I replied. The same dark chuckle escaped from his lips.

"You've no choice," he smirked glancing towards Raghav's direction and my chest pounded harshly.

"Don't you dare!" I warned him.

"Oh c'mon. What did you see in him you didn't see in me? Is it about sex? Then I can give you more pleasure-" and I did a terrible mistake.

I spit on his face as I watched the white saliva dripped down from his chin. He wiped it away with the back of his palm and I could see the rage in his eyes. My knees trembling in fear.

"I think you're not the type of girl with sweet words." before I could proceed with his words his arms raised high and he pulled the trigger out.

Bang.

A loud noise with a groan echoed in the area and my heart skipped a beat.

NO!

I looked back instantly to see Raghav kneeled with his hands firmly pressing against his shoulder. Blood covered his white shirt as his eyes shut closed.

I ran towards him with all the strength I had as if it felt like the world stood still, the time was moving slowly to witness the scene and I felt my stomach churning in anticipation.

I collapsed on the ground beside him as he heaved a painful sigh upon noticing I was safe and rested his head slowly on my lap.

I felt the crowd among us— whispering, yelling. But I couldn't heed any attention to them as my focus was only on one man, in front of me, trying to open his eyes— to not let the darkness engulf him completely.

To not let me out of his sight.

My vision blurred and my head started spinning vigorously as I screamed in agony to the crowd, begging them to call an ambulance.

"Si-Siya..." he whispered in a meek voice, a small smile on his lips; as I dared him not to close his eyes.

My throat was burning from all the shoutings as I watched Danish cleared the crowd and scooped up his senseless body over the stretcher to put him in the ambulance.

That time I didn't care if I was hallucinating or not to see the man who just shot him a minute ago carrying him to the hospital by himself. All I wanted was his safety above all as I stared at his face, still pressing my palm over his wounded part.