Her breath hitched as his warm lips brushed against her nape creating sparks between her abdomen. She hugged back his torso as a smile spread across her soft lips thinking about how concerned he was for her. Her newly blooming heart became saccharine in joy as they stood there in solitude; in the same position feeling each other's euphoric magnetic pull.

"Do you have any idea how much you scared me?" She gulped nervously as his greenish eyes bore holes into her soul and his voice sounded husky under the radiating sunlight which was smothering his sculptured face.

"I-i um..." she couldn't find the proper excuse to convince him as she couldn't just tell, 'I-wanted-to-scare-you-but-I-couldn't-
help-but-laugh-when-I-saw-your-face' so she remained silent.

He filled the gap between them by inching closer as their noses were almost touching and she closed her eyes, dying to feel his lips over hers all again but instead he whispered,

"Be ready today at 7 pm." pinching her nose playfully he walked past from there whistling a tune, leaving her dumbfounded in the alley alone.

🍃

"Where are we going?" Siya huffed in annoyance as it was already 10th time he just shrugged off her question, focusing on the drive.

"You're impossible." she scoffed and turned her head to the window side as he took the opportunity to admire her angelic face.

He wondered how a girl could be so pretty only in a simple red-white one-piece dress, a pair of white snickers, shoulder-length hair opened, and a very light make-up on. He took in her every facial feature— how she battled her eyelashes to adjust to the sudden gush of wind, her hair floating with the wave of the fresh air as her golden-brown orbs shimmered under the city lights passing by and her cheeks looking flushed.

He smiled, thinking about how to confess his adoration, his love for this girl beside him. He didn't know if it was a date or what but all he wanted; was to see her for the rest of his life.

Now he didn't want to lose her rather than love her, cherish her with all he had. But what made a confident Raghav became all nervous when she was around him? He didn't know why, he couldn't just talk with her about this matter. Was it the fear of her rejection or unsure about her feelings? He just didn't know.

With those train of thoughts in his mind, their journey was finally halted when he parked the car. Before she could come, he ran to her side to help her out and placed his arm around her lower back. And they headed near the café.

"Sir, ma'am, what would you like to order?" A waiter in white livery walked over to them and asked politely.

"An Espresso please," Siya replied as the boy noted it down in his notebook and turned to Raghav. But when he was about to say she cut him off,

"A masala tea with two spoons of sugar." his expression made her laugh out loud as his mouth shaped a perfect 'O'

After the waiter left with their orders he couldn't hold his curiosity and finally asked,

"You still remember?"

"Tum or tumhara chai ke prati pyaar world famous hai. How on earth I can forget that?" She said sarcastically.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." he rolled his eyes to which she chuckled a little.

After waiting for some time they finally got their respective drinks and Raghav moaned under his cup, as the burning liquid satisfied his taste buds.

He gazed over to see her wipe the creamy texture off around her lips and their kissing moment flashed in his mind once again causing a pink tint to spread across his cheeks.

He averted his gaze in embarrassment.

"OMG! Is Dr. Raghav Mishra blushing?" Siya watched his face with awe as a teasing smile caught her lip.

Throwing the empty cups in the trash can they paid their bills fifty-fifty after a lot of argument.

They made their way back to the car. But before she could open the door Raghav pushed her against it as a surprised squeak left her mouth.

He wiped her lower lip with the tip of his thumb and a smirk appeared on his face as she followed his movements out of breath.

"Can't Dr. Siya Chauhan understand how her little acts made this poor heart beat like crazy?" His statement made her heart flutter as they stared into each other's eyes.

Brown and emerald pairs were drinking their souls out under the sheer moonlight— fascinating some kind of spell as both of them forgot how to breathe at that moment. Their hands intertwined together as they started walking over the playground not breaking the eye contact for once. A radiating smile glowing onto their faces— imagining if the world would stop and they stayed like this forever.

Beep beep.

The ringing sound of his phone brought them back into reality. He excused himself and stood near the bushes; at a bit distance from her while her eyes roamed around the vacant adjacent where white lamps resting vertically.

She comfortably wrapped her arms around herself, preventing her small frame from the monstrous cold when she heard a ruffling sound come from behind her.

But when she looked back, her eyes widened in fear.

🍃

Cliffhanger!

What do you think Siya saw?