"Don't feel to be out right now."

"When last did you eat a good meal."

"Nothing is interesting without her, even food lost its taste."

"You know she can't come back to a corps."

"I'm alright, it's not like I am not eating."

"Look man no matter how many women I've dated in the past, I can't tell you of one that isn't a complex being. The good news is they love consistency, keep showing up, send her flowers here and there because you can. Give her reasons to miss you but don't go in too strong, give her space as well."

"Complex indeed," I agree.

"Man you know God made a woman from our rib ain't no figuring that shit out."

"Right," I say.

"So get up and let me take you to lunch."

"You're going to make me do this, aren't you?"

"Don't make me call Merrily."

"Ok, OK I will go."

"Let's go then let us go."

I take my suit jacket off of my chair back throw it over my shoulder. "I am ready."

We went down to my private parking and I didn't feel to have people around me so I opted to drive us to where ever Denzil is taking me.

I drive off and he gives directions until I pull into a quiet area with what looks like a closed bar. We enter and the place is empty but open with a bartender sitting behind the bar.

"Judy," Denzel shout and the elderly woman stand to her feet walking out of the bar. "What brings you to this part of town."

"My friend here needs a fix me up and I just had to see you, darling," Denzil says smiling at the aged woman. She pats his arm, "you sweet talker, I miss you."

"Come sir what do you need to fix, is it matters of the heart, stress, fatigue or love loss. Wait don't tell me it is matters of the heart, heartache."

I nod, "come take a seat I have just the thing." She says walking back into the bar. I chuckle she has a great read on people it appears.

"See why I love this woman she has a fix for everything," says Denzel.

We take our seats at the bar and for the past few minutes, I did not think of her.

"Tell me how is the company in Seattle mitigating."

"So far so good, Clark is the manager out there and it seems to be working."

"Tell me what you plan on doing with Cindy."

"I will wait it out, I will let her come to me."

"And if she doesn't."

"Then it is her-," my phone rings mid-sentence and I take out my phone looking at the ID.

"Hello," I answer in my business tone.

"DeMarcus good day baby" her voice reaches my ear and I miss it. "Baby, I miss you."

"You do."

"Pea missed you as well."

"How did you figure that out."

"DeMarcus are you alright," she asks.

"I am fine."

"What's wrong," she asks.

"I should be asking you that Cindy."

"I call to give you the good news but if you do not feel like talking that is alright too."

"What do you want Cindy," I ask getting agitated. I miss her and now I am hearing her voice I am finally getting mad. 

"I want you, can we talk."

"I can't right now."

"Ok, when will you be able to."

"Cindy, I have to go. I am in a meeting."

"Call me, please when you can."

"I have to go," I cut the call placing the phone back into my pocket.

"Why you mad now brother," Denzel asks.

"I am frustrated, man. I try everything with this woman. Did everything for us, our future and she walked away when I set all my eggs into one basket."

"Brother a little time isn't too much to give. Do not let your ego think for you."

"My ego, I give this woman myself on a platter but she thinks everything is about her like the sun rises and fall on her behind"

"Breathe DeMarcus."

"I push away from my seat getting up, I have always been calm and she still left me and everyone else."

"DeMarcus you know it is two different situations, Cindy isn't dead or going to this second."

"C'mon sit back down, let us talk."

"Change the subject."

"Ok, ok new conversation," Denzel says throwing his hands up.

With each passing second, I was getting mad, she waited all of four days then to call me.

"I cannot believe she left my house that night and only think to call me now."

"Here you go," says Judy sliding a half glass of liquor with a slice of like in it down the bar counter to me. I stop the glass taking a mouth full.