Once One is Three

Start from the beginning

If she could, Moyoletic would have certainly blinked at that. "ιѕ αιя яєαℓℓу ѕσ ηє¢єѕѕαяу ƒσя уσυ?"
Sans glanced over her to gaze into the darkness that was the slope into the abyssal depths.

𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥.. 𝐒𝐚𝐞𝐜𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐮𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬.." That now familiar glint of silver-ringed blue-yellow brightened in the telling that he was recalling something from the life of the dragon that once was. The aquatic serpent could only gaze in fascination as the other's eyes grew unfocused.

A dragon that had died and become a monster, only to return as three in one. It was unheard-of in these waters at least. The serpents of western seas kept away from most dragons after all.
Perhaps in this new age, they could all share more secrets between one another?
She doubted it to be possible.

Sans returned to the present, words rumbling like the strange watercraft they had passed in the water.
"𝐒𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐡𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞. 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧. 𝐈'𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞. 𝐒𝐨, 𝐈 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐟𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞."

She considered this, finding the logic sound yet developing a query of her own.
"αяє мσηѕтєяѕ αℓωαуѕ тнιѕ єƒƒι¢ιєηт ιη тнє α¢¢υмυℓαтιση σƒ кησωℓє∂gє?"

He paused, then shrugged. "𝐌𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐲𝐞𝐬. 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐨. 𝐄𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐲, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭?"

She jetted water through her gills, unhinging and snapping her jaws. "ι ¢αη ¢σмρяєнєη∂ ιт ωєℓℓ єησυgн, ιт ιѕ ѕιмρℓу.. ι αм ѕυяρяιѕє∂ ιт нαѕ ησт вєєη ρυт тσ υѕє ιη συя кιη∂ѕ вєƒσяє."

Sans hummed, shrugging. "𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧."
Moyoletic relented, bobbing up and down in the current. "тнαт ιѕ тяυє. ι ¢αηησт нєℓρ му ѕυяρяιѕє αт тнє α¢¢σмρℓιѕнмєηтѕ αη∂ єνєяу∂αу ∂єє∂ѕ σƒ ¢ινιℓιzαтιση."

The lull in conversation stretched on as she debated how to answer the original question. She unhinged her jaw in concentration, gills billowing.

"тнє ∂єєρѕ αяє.. ¢σℓ∂. αη∂ ∂єηѕє. ι ¢αηησт ѕтαу ƒσя ℓσηg муѕєℓƒ ωιтнσυт нєαт. ιт'ѕ ∂ωєℓℓєяѕ αяє σƒтєη ℓαяgє, нσѕтιℓє, αη∂ ѕσℓιтαяу. му ∂єєρєѕт נσυяηєуѕ уιєℓ∂є∂ gℓσωιηg вєαѕтѕ тнαт ∂яιƒт ѕℓσωℓу ιη тнє єтєяηαℓℓу вℓα¢к ωαтєяѕ." She hesitantly explained.