Chapter 8

*****
Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away

Now it looks as though they're here to stay

*****

Viola's pov-

"Hello?" I speak hoarsely into the phone, not even seeing who it is before picking it up.

Now I think I should have.

"Morning sunshine" Samuel sings from other side of the call.

There is one thing worst than waking up to an alarm blaring through the room on your head and that is waking up from your phone ringing that also of Samuel's.

I immediately go to end the call but he speaks before it.

"Oh no you don't want to cut the call" he tuts.

"What you want?" I ask and pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Dad has given me to do some work in the factory and also told me to check how you're doing everything." He says. Ah yes father's weekly checkup, he will never believe me will he?

"And?"

"So get ready gonna meet you there in an hour" I hear him say and before he can say anything else I end the call and chuck my phone across the room.

I hear no shattering noise which is quite disappointing.

I am still hungover from the drinking I did at the party and the 2 bottles laying near my bed.

Rolling over on the bed I stare at the ceiling.

How bad I was in my previous life to have such a shitty one? I have always heard people say how your this life's work have consequences on your next one and if that's true then I did some fucked up shit in previous one.

Probably was a man and burned some woman who rejected me saying she's a witch.

I finally get up from my bed, the whole room spinning in front of me of my eyes, probably from not eating.

I swear to god I have worst memory than a old woman in her late 70s with alzheimer.

I don't know how my brain makes up that I have eaten or that I have done something I had to but reality is far from that.

Grabbing the headboard I get up and stumble my way to the bathroom attached to my bedroom.

I grab the door frame and rotate the door knob in wrong direction everytime eventually getting frustrated and kicking the door and fall on my ass from the loss of balance.

And somehow I spent 20 minutes on my bedroom floor crying my eyes out over nothing and everything really.

I just know this day is going to be soo good.

I slowly get up gripping the bookshelf. The pain in my head now intensified due to crying.

I open the door and stand in front of mirror trying to look in the mirror but the lights blinding me.

My eyes eventually adjust to the lights and when I look at myself I want to rip my eyes out.

Dark and I mean dark eyebags under my eyes, my eyes swollen and red. All my makeup messed up from sleeping and the crying I did few minutes ago.

I look away and turn on the shower, I take out makeup remover while the water warms up and remove all the messy shit from my face.

Stepping into shower feels like a sense of relief. My whole body relaxes under the burning hot water.