(10) An Adepti's Dreams

Start from the beginning

"A... BOYfriend..." Xiao emphasizes the word which made Ganyu drop her morning bread.

"A BOYFRIEND? MY BROTHER'S GAY?!" Ganyu was in shock.

"Yeah... Anyway, i'll go now. I'll be late, take care of her Tao. Thanks." Xiao was about to leave when...

"Xiao... Tell me about... His boyfriend later." It was no surprise that Ganyu would accept it, honestly she was happy her brother finally found someone special and dearly that would take care of him.

"Sure." Xiao left and went on his day, the adepti are pretty much not worried on what would happen on the "war", unlike the archons who are much of a mess.

Timeskip....

"Goodmorning." Xiao sat beside Venti, which was kind of suprising since Venti would be the first one to approach him usually.

"Ooo~ Hi Xiaoxiao! Goodmorning!" Venti exclaimed.

"Where's Qiu and Yun?" Xiao asked Venti, Xiao was used to their nicknames surprisingly, but still Venti was the only one he used his full name when he talks to him.

"Probably at a date right now, they should be back soon, class is starting anyway." Venti smiles and takes his music sheets out and starts humming slightly.

Xiao felt like he have had heard the song, it felt like he knew the song personally and was for him.

"What song is that?" Xiao looked onto the music sheets, the other staffs aren't with notes yet...

"You're writing this?" Xiao actually felt really appreciative with Venti, but he knew he shouldn't get too attached, especially because this was his plan.

"Uh... Yeah, I don't know though what to name it..." Venti was thinking of a song name for days and days.

"What is it about?" Xiao asked.

"The tone felt like..."two lovers that would be separated because that's what fate wants?" His words felt sad and lonely, this made Xiao suggest a name for the song.

"Lovers' Oath."

"Huh?" Venti was confused

"That's a good title Venti," Lovers' Oath. " Venti's eyes widened with Xiao's suggestion, it was perfect, it really was. Something that felt incomplete was finally solved.

"Xiao I don't know how you thought of that but, this is perfect!" Venti felt euphoric, Xiao didn't realize how much he was staring at Venti.

A few moments later...

"Babe, look" Xingqiu pointed at Xiao staring at Venti.

"How do you keep catching them looking at each other, as always huh?" Chongyun poked Xingqiu's cheek.

"Ah~ I love them both you know? Venti might actually be Xiao's boyfriend, who knows?" Xingqiu answered.

"I know, you love them but I know you love me more, let's go to them now..." Chongyun intertwined his hands with Xingqiu's and proceeded to drag him and Xingqiu to Xiao and Venti.

"Babe, you're a tease..." Xingqiu felt annoyed but it did feel wholesome the same way.

"Hey guys!" Chongyun approaches the two.

"Oh you guys are back!" Venti says to them.

"I guess we are, Where's our professor?" Xingqiu asked.

"I guess... He isn't here?" Venti answered, he honestly didn't care, his grades were dropping.

"Wanna go someplace later other than the café then?" Xingqiu asked the three.