The Friendship Pact Chapter 3

I was expecting to feel pain after that intense night spent with my best friend; but I was surprised not to feel any pain even after I took a shower. I just felt a little bit strange.

I went out of Charlie's apartment in my white shirt and skinny jeans and headed to Sophie's house. I took off my red heels as I drove my black volks, hitting my favorite record on.

It was Sunday and Sophie invited me to come to their house because she said she was a bit bored for Nate, her husband, had gone on a business trip. Sophie and I were best of friends since college. Though, I quit college and tried living on my own, we still managed to keep in touch with each other. She was three years older than me and got married at twenty-six. She and Nate had been together since college and I had witnessed their love for each other.

I reached Sophie's house, parked my car and went directly inside. I found her cooking in the kitchen; the smell of garlic filled the whole place.

"Hey, Mags! Thanks for coming. I've missed you!"

She took off her apron and we hugged each other.

"I've missed eating real food!" I rolled my eyes with sarcasm. Since I left my step mom's house and moved in with Charlie, I've never eaten real food because I don't know how to cook and Charles was too busy to stay at home and cook even just for dinner, so we settled having pizza deliveries and eating on fast food chains.

Sophie laughed at me. Then, she looked at me from head to toe then back again to my face.

"What?" I looked at her with a bit of annoyance.

"Something's different with you?" She bit on her finger nail and asked more jokingly than serious.

"Did you have sex?" Her eyebrows arching on me with her lips twitching.

I shrugged and took a large bite of my favorite garlic bread.

"Hey, Maggie! What's that shrug for? Did you have sex? Did you and Marcus go all the way?" Her eyes widen as she dragged me, making me near the counter where pasta, fried chicken, and mashed potato where set. She sat next to me.

"Well, yes... and no." I started eating fried chicken.

"What? You're confusing me! Spill the beans, c'mon!" She sounded a bit impatient.

Without bothering to put the piece of fried chicken down, I told her what she wanted to hear.

"Well, yes I had sex... and no, not with Marcus."

"What? Then, with whom?" She was surprised. Then she asked sounding like joking again: "Don't tell me you're fucking my cousin!" It sounded more like a laugh.

"Yeah. We are." I answered trying to sound more casual. She choked.

"Seriously? I mean, you're in a relationship? That's insane!" She looked more surprised than before.

I continued eating.

"No. We're not in a relationship. I just broke up with Marcus and I don't wanna have a boyfriend for now..." She stared at me; mouth gaping wide open.

"What?! We're both okay with it; no strings attached..." I shrugged again.

"And he's hot." I winked at Sophie as I continued and she hit my arm which made me dropped the chicken on my lap. We both laughed.

"I couldn't believe it, Mags..."

"Me, either. I mean, I thought he was totally gay but... his 'manly' side just amazed me." I keep on munching my garlic bread so she could not tell the strange tone in my voice.

I saw Sophie with her mouth gaping wider this time.

"What? Who told you he was gay?"

My eyebrows shoot up.

"I heard some of your relatives at the wedding talking that Charlie was gay... you never knew about it?"

She was puzzled. "No, I didn't... or maybe it was because of his high school. There was a rumor that he had a relationship with his gay friend."

I drank up the juice in my glass.

"Maybe. Well, I don't have any problem with that. Maybe it would be safe that he's gay, so I wouldn't be so attached with him... you know me, I fall in love too easily."

She smiled at me. She poured scotch to our glasses.

"Well, cheers to you..."

I cut her out. "... and to my best fucking buddy!"

"Who happened to be my cousin!"

We laughed, shared a toast and drank a bottle of his husband's finest scotch collection.

***************************************************************************************************

Hi. fellas! so i think this is going to be a real erotic romance thing... i'm having a lot of chapters coming so please keep updated and post a comment or hit the vote button if you like this story. thanks a lot!

P.S.

So, I wanna change the title. From "Best Buddies" to " Friendship Pact"... What'yah think? :)

Love yah guys!