Does she regret? She asked herself.
She doesn’t regret this change of place. She doesn’t regret the will to help him. She doesn’t regret being not happy because she wasn’t before him as well. She doesn’t regret having to wear another piece of article. More over, She can never regret strengthening herself, bracing her heart to be hard, cold and gaurded.

What she regrets is dreaming about a companionship with him. She regrets putting her hope in a mirage, trusting the Illusion created by him.
Her list of regrets is much smaller than that of her regrets.

“I don’t regret Aunty” She affirmed.

“You took a lot of time thinking Mahi. I feel I can trust your words” She held Mahira’s palm on table. “I’m glad you weighed your thoughts and came up with this answer. I’m happy if you are, Just I regret that holiday. I so wish to be present for your Marriage” She pouted.

Mahira smiled guiltily “I’m sorry for not waiting for you”

“Good that you’re sorry. Next time you’re calling me first with Every of the good news.” She said suggestively, teasing. “Even before your husband”
Mahira gaped at her insinuation, looking away and praying for her cheeks to not flush. But as if God was busy dealing with all the rainfall he failed to hear her. The laughter from Asha Aunty made her cheeks burn in embarrassment.

“Aunty” She whined, shaking her head. Mahira stood up from her place she picked the dishes and started walking towards the back kitchen when the door bell chimed and the café turned silent. The chattering of the partying friends came to an abrupt halt.

Mahira glanced and saw Danish stepping inside, confusion splashed on his features, eyes searching for someone.

She had a hunch why he was here.

She quickly passed the tray to a dazed Daisy, She turned to Mahi and gestured of fanning.

Mahira bit back her grin.

“Mahira” He called.

Daisy’s eyes widened. “You know him? How many hot specimens do you know Mahi?” She whispered.

“Not many” She bit the smile and turned towards Danish. “Hey!”

“I’m here to pick you up. Veer is busy and there is a taxi strike I presume going on in the city ” he said, eyes glancing around feeling stares following him. “Are you done? Lets go?”

Mahira swept her eyes around, hushed whispers and fingers pointing towards him were quite prominent. “Sure. Give me a second”

She quickly gathered her things and bid bye to others.

“They are not together”

“Why will you say that? Damn he is Hot”

“He looks more like a brother to her. See he is following her out not walking beside her. No hand in hand.”

Mahira smiled hearing the comments, she glanced back at Danish and he rolled his eyes.

“They seem to like you in there. You got new admirers.” Mahira remarked teasingly.

“Any doubts on my handsome-ness” Danish cocked a brow.

“Naah, I’m well aware...” She answered and muttered the last part “....why you’re Yusra’s crush.”

“What?” Danish gaped.

Mahira’s eyes widened in shock. “D..Did I say that loud?” She mumbled.

“Yes you did. Now tell me” He beamed “Is it right? Your friend Yusra, She has a crush on me?”

Mahira shook her head fervently “I don’t know what you’re saying. I don't remember a word about this.” she turned the other side and mentally yelled on her stupid tongue.