Ch 3. Meeting New People

By the time she arrived in the town square, it was about 3 o'clock. There were stairs to her left, a small grassy area with fencing to her right, and in front of her, she could see a clinic and a grocery store that shared the same building. She decided to approach the building first and discovered that the clinic closes at 2 pm. "Good to know" She continued walking and stopped in front of the community board. There were a couple of posters up of the townspeople asking for small favors in exchange for gold. "That could be an easy way to get cash quick." Then she looked at the calendar, some of the dates had the faces of people she didn't know. "Maybe that means it's their birthday?"
Losing interest she decided to enter the shop. It was a quaint little grocery store with a few rows of shelves, a few bins with produce, and a counter upfront with a cheerful-looking man standing behind it. There were a couple of customers so she approached a girl standing by the wall. She had bright purple hair and was quite beautiful. Her dress was also pretty and purple coming down to her knees. Y/N was suddenly afraid to greet her but now the girl had turned to face her.
"Hello! My name is Y/N. I just moved into the old farmhouse today so I thought I should introduce myself." Y/N said a little too fast.
"Oh, that's right.... I heard someone new was moving onto that old farm.
It's kind of a shame, really. I always enjoyed exploring those overgrown fields by myself."
Y/N had no idea how to respond to this, but thankfully the girl turned away after so it appeared she didn't have to. She then saw a very tall man with long hair standing in one of the isles. He was very elegantly dressed and looked like quite the charmer.
"On yoba Y/N you see a man and all you think is ooooo pretty." She chided herself
"Okay I'll try my luck with this whole meeting people again but if this one goes weird too I'm done for the day." Y/N decided.
Y/N approached him and gave him the same greeting as Abigail. (This time at a normal speed) and he smiled warmly
"Ah, the new farmer we've all been expecting... and whose arrival has sparked many a conversation!"
He spoke with a warm and boisterous voice. Y/N felt concerned that people were already talking about her many times then the man continued
" I'm Elliot... I live in a cabin by the beach. It's a pleasure to meet you."
Elliot promptly turned away to continue browsing.
"Well that was weird but not so bad I suppose. I guess I can keep trying to be social and stuff."
Y/N sighed she already felt her socializing for the day was too much, but felt the need to continue anyways. She didn't have very much gold and quickly realized after looking at the shelves today was not the day to go shopping. She needed a bit of money first. So she decided to just introduce herself to the clerk and explore some more. The clerk was a man with brown hair and glasses that wore a brown jacket over a blue shirt along with some khakis to top it off. As Y/N approached the counter the man piped up in a customer service kind of cheerful voice. "Hey, it's Mrs. Y/N, the new farmer! I'm Pierre, owner of the local General store. If you're looking for seeds, my shop is the place to go. I'll also buy produce from you for a good price! A little agriculture could really inject new life into the local economy!" Y/N smiled
"Thank you, Pierre, I'll definitely be giving you business soon."
Y/N was very pleased Pierre was excited to buy products from her in the future. Y/N hadn't even grown anything yet. There were the 15 parsnip seeds Lewis had left in a box for her but she hadn't made a clearing for them on the farm yet. Y/N walked out of the grocery store back into town Square and she saw a few people entering the saloon.
"Okay, I'll get a bite to eat, meet a few more people and go home to rest."
As Y/N entered the saloon she regretted her decision and kinda just wanted to go to bed. There were so many people in the saloon. Would Y/N offend someone if she didn't introduce herself to everyone, only some people? She didn't wanna find out. So she decides to just introduce herself to the barkeep and approaches the bar.
The barkeep piped up with a deep but jolly sounding voice
" Well hello there! I'm Gus, chef, and owner of the star drop saloon. Stop in if you need any refreshments. I've always got hot coffee and cold beer at the ready.''
Y/N thought a beer sounded pretty good right now. She did a lot today. Why not treat herself? So she ordered a beer and a slice of pizza.
"That'll be right up for you!"
Gus turned around and said something to the blue-haired barmaid. The barmaid then grabbed your beer for you and set it in front of you on the bar. Then with a smile, she said
"Oh. I can read it on your face. You're going to love it here in Pelican town. If you're ever looking for something to do in the evening you can always come say hi to me here!"

"Thank you, that's really sweet, I just didn't catch your name. I'm Y/N by the way."

"Oh how silly of me my name is Emily! I'll be right back"
Emily walked through the door to the back of the house and shortly returned with Y/N's pizza slices. Y/N's mouth watered at the sight of it. She hadn't eaten anything yet today, she realized.
"Wow, this looks really good Emily!" Y/N said, trying not to drool.
"Well thank you, but all the credit should go to Gus. He is the chef after all." Emily pointed to a blushing Gus rubbing his neck with his hand
"All in a day's work." He said sheepishly
Gus continued washing his cups so Y/N decided to chat up Emily while she ate her meal and enjoyed her drink.
"So anything important about this town that I should know?" Y/N asked with a mouthful of pizza.
Emily giggled at her "Well we have some seasonal festivals that are rather important to our community-"
Y/N smacked her lips after taking a swig of her beer "No no Emily I meant like
Y/N leaned in closer
Juicy gossip!"
Emily let out a laugh "Well there's a rumor that Lewis is dating Marnie"
"Marnie?"
"Oh I guess you haven't met her yet she sells animals in the forest next to the town square"
Y/N let out a sigh and leaned her back against the bar. She saw there was another room with a pool table that sounded fun right now, but there were three whole people over there. One was Abigail, the first person Y/N had greeted today. Y/N felt like Abigail didn't want her around because of what she said. Then there was a blond guy with anime-style hair. He wore a blue jacket over a red shirt with some jeans and black sneakers. The blonde guy was playing a game of pool and he seemed to be losing to the other guy. The third person was a pale lanky boy with black hair. He had a black Hoodie on and blue jeans. Y/N watched him as he aimed his next shot obviously focused. He takes the shot and he must have made it because he smiled.
"Emily?"
"Yes?"
"Who are those guys?" Y/N asked, nodding toward the game room.
"Oh the blond one is Sam, he's an outgoing guy, very nice. The one with black hair is Sebastian. He's rather anti-social and hides out in his room more often than not."
"Do you know how old they are?"
Emily raised an eyebrow "Why are you so curious? Hmmm?"
"I don't know." Y/N replied, scrunching her eyebrows.
"Well, I think you should go talk to them. I bet you'd hit it off"
"You know what you talked me into it but first'
Y/N finished up her drink with a big gulp
' I'm gonna need a refill."