Chapter 22

So I've never been to one of their hangs before, so bear with me and go with the flow. And let's just pretend that Skylar wrote the song - that you will find out more about later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skylar's P.O.V.

*One week later*

I was at the studio with the guys, once again, writing in my song journal. I had started it with lyrics of songs I really liked and ended up writing one or two songs of my own. The majority of them were very short but you know, whatever.

The guys were out, getting food, so I thought I would work on this new song, I started a couple days ago. It's all about having a good time and partying. It's called "Rooftop". I really liked where I was at.

I was finishing up the second verse. As I wrote I sang the words to a tune I made up. "We're never fading,
And if you want to get down it ain't complicated."

I put on my headphones and started playing around with the music. I was so engrossed in the track that I didn't even hear the guys come back in. Suddenly, someone removed one side of my headphones and spoke in my ear saying, "Yo Sky, whatcha doing?"

"God, Ross! What the hell?" I slammed my book shut and clutched my heart, a bit annoyed. He smirked at me. I shot him a glare. He took off my headphones and put them on.

"Sick beat!" He exclaimed, taking a bite of his burger.

I pulled the headphones off. "Thank. You." I said.

"Here ya go Sky." Rydel handed me my burger.

"Thanks." I replied, gratefully and sat on Ross' lap.

"So what were you doing when we came in, Sky?" Riker asked.

"Nothing. Just looking around..." I lied, playing it cool.

"Oh ok. So guys, about that Hollywood hang and release party we're having next weekend-" Riker started, but Ryland cut him off.

"Oh that reminds me, I asked The Heirs to open for us. They obviously agreed." Ryland said, smirking. The Heirs are a band consisting of Brandon Hudson and his sister, Savannah Hudson. By now it was a known fact that Ryland and Savannah were an item. So Ryland would now and again, ask them to open for R5 concerts whenever they can.

"As I was saying, I need ideas for songs." Riker said, getting down to business.

"Could ya at least let us finish our food first?" Ratliff asked, spitting food everywhere. We stared at him and burst out laughing. I laughed so much I fell off Ross' lap and hit the floor. By then I was legit clutching my sides. Ross was rocking back and forth, laughing hysterically. After laughing our butts off, Ross helped me up and sat me next to him on the couch.

"Ok back to business." Riker announced, after we finished eating. They went back to recording and I went back to finishing my song. So far I had two verses, a chorus and half a bridge. I was going good so far.

"I should probably start sorting out the music." I spoke quietly to myself.

*One hour later*

"Sky you ready to go?" Riker asked me.

I looked at my journal and replied, "Uh, you guys go ahead. I'm gonna stay here for a bit."

"Ok sure, just lock up when you're done." Riker said.

"I'll stay with her guys." Ross offered.

"Huh? Oh no, you go ahead Ross." I said, dismissively.

"You sure, baby?" He persisted. I nodded. He reluctantly agreed and kissed my cheek and left.