Chapter 3

Skylar's P.O.V.

After we ate an amazing BBQ dinner we watched a movie. "Ok guys, I'm going to bed. Anyone need a blanket before I go?" Stormie asked. Riker, Ross and Rydel raised their hands. Ellington went home after dinner. Stormie came back with the blankets, said goodnight and turned off the lights. Ross opened the blanket and wrapped it around both of us. He covered his hand underneath and it accidentally touched my hand. I blushed a little and looked up at Ross, he had a huge grin on his face. We were watching Romeo and Juliet (1968). "Wait, did Ross pick this movie?" I asked playfully.

"How'd ya know?" Ross smirked.

"Well, first of all, I'm your best friend and secondly, R5er right here people!" I giggled.

I had my head on Ross' shoulder and at about 10 o' clock I feel asleep.

Next morning, I woke up to the sound of Ross' sweet voice. I looked at him, he was mumbling something in his sleep but I couldn't make out the words. I also felt as though I was in a knot. I looked under the blanket to find Ross' arms around me. 'Was Ross cuddling me last night?' I asked myself, 'No, he was probably a little cold... Yeah... He was cold.' I just couldn't think of Ross, lead singer of R5 and Austin Moon on Austin & Ally, falling in love with a normal R5er like me. Heck I don't even know how we became best friends! But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I looked at him and brushed the hair out of his face. Next thing I knew, I was focused on his pink lips... I don't know what vap came over me but I ended up daydreaming that Ross and I were on the beach, holding hands and the next thing I knew, my arms were around his neck and we were kissing. I got called back to reality when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Sky... Skylar!" Rydel whispered in my ear.

"Mmm..." I said drifting away from my imagination.

"You wee staring at Ross for like ten minutes... Everything ok?" She asked looking genuinely concerned.

I wriggled out of Ross' arms and motioned for Rydel to follow me in her room.

"Ok... So remember our conversation last night..." I asked looking down once we were in her room.

"Yeah..." Rydel said. Her eyes widened at the thought and exclaimed, "YOU LIKE ROSS!"

"Shut the hell up!" I screamed, covering her mouth. "I don't like Ross... I think... I-I love him..." I stuttered.

Rydel stared at me and dropped on the bed. "When did you start... I mean when did you fall in love with him?" She asked curiously.

"I've liked him ever since Austin & Ally Season 2 and when I became a fan of R5... When I became friends with him, things... They got outta hand..." I mumbled. "What am I gonna do? Every time he touches my hand or hangs out with me, I get butterflies in my stomach! I CAN'T BE IN LOVE WITH MY BEST FRIEND!" I said freaking out.

"Calm down! Take deep breaths. Skylar... What you do is tell him... He's your best friend, you can tell him anything." Rydel said trying to keep me from hyperventilating.

"I CAN'T FREAKING TELL HIM THAT I'M IN LOVE WITH HIM! Rydel, what if he doesn't feel the same way... I can't lose him. I'd rather be just friends, than not friends at all." I said, my heart beating out of my chest.

"I know my brother. In fact, I've seen the way he looks at you..." Rydel said winking.

"I. Am. Not. Telling. Him. Period. This is between you and me! No one else!" I said sternly. Rydel nodded and enveloped me in a hug.

I could feel tears stinging my eyes shut. "Thanks for listening, Delly." I murmured, letting go and wiping my eyes. Ten minutes later I fell asleep.

I woke up to my alarm on my phone. It was set for 6 o' clock. I just laid there listening to Smile by R5. At the end of the song, I started to smile madly. I was dazed by Ross'. I got dressed and went down for breakfast.

"Morning Sky!" Rydel said.

"Morning Delly." I mumbled, rubbing my eye.

"You ok?" She asked.

"Yeah..."

"Well, uh... I know now isn't the best time to say this but, the guys and I are going to Ratliff's places get soo..." Rydel said awkwardly, "Oh and Ross isn't going with us..." She trailed off.

"And we'll be alone... Oh joy!" I said sarcastically. Rydel looked at me with pained eyes. "Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with Ross. He's my best friend, but lately things have gotten awkward." She nodded.

"Morning guys!" I heard a familiar voice say. I plastered a fake smile on my face and turned around to face a smiling Ross. Ross' face dropped and asked, "What's wrong, Sky?"

"Nothing." Ross knew me well enough to know a genuine smile from a fake smile. He started making funny faces and I couldn't help but laugh.

"That's much better!" He chuckled.