XXIII

Ni-Ki watched as the boy he loved slowly fell asleep, the peaceful smile resting on his face gradually slipping away as he did. Once again, everything moved in slow motion for Ni-Ki as he walked out of the hospital and walked home under the snowy sky.

He crumbled.

Loud, heart-wrenching sobs left his body. He was sure anyone walking by could have heard him but he no longer cared. He slammed his fists against the wall near him. Ni-Ki screamed and screamed for the love of his life until he physically couldn't scream anymore. The male walked himself home in silence, he would not play music, he couldn't bear to hear the playlist that Sunoo loved without him. It felt wrong.

When he got home, N-Ki stood at the front door, entering the house felt different. There was something missing. Something bright and amazing. After placing his and Sunoo's things on the table, he went about his evening routine, his brain told him that Sunoo was just at his classes. He went to make dinner, quickly putting together a salad and pasta. When it was ready he placed everything on the table, setting it for two and sitting down. He had gotten Sunoo his drink, with no ice and a straw, just the way he liked.

Ni-Ki sat, he waited and waited for Sunoo to walk through the door. He refused to accept the fact that he wouldn't. Ni-Ki sighed after a while standing up and grabbing his phone.

/ my precious ddeonu ^^ /

Hey, I know you're busy with classes, but I made you dinner. Don't stay out too late, okay ?. I love you, and always will. <3

He sent the text, closing his eyes and waiting. The only thing to be heard was the small ding from Sunoo's phone. Ni-Ki breathed through his nose, willing the tears to stop, he didn't want to cry again. Leaving everything in it's place, Ni-Ki made his way to his shared room, it was neat and tidy, the way they liked things to be. The male crawled under his covers, dialing Sunoo's number, knowing full well it was on the dining table.

/ Hi, this is Sunoo Kim !, sorry but I can't come to the phone right now, but if you leave your name and number I can get back to you as soon as possible! Have a great day! /

It beeped and Ni-Ki began to talk.

"Hi, love, I- I know you aren't here. I know this isn't going to reach you, but I miss you. So fucking much and I don't know what to do." Ni-Ki sobbed. "I hope you're well wherever you are. I love you, okay?" He ended the call, turned over and cradled his husband's pillow to his chest. Never had he felt so empty, so alone. His light was gone, there was nothing to brighten his world anymore.

Ni-Ki fell asleep just like that, every light on in the house, tears still dripping down his face from heartache and distress. But he dreams about a life where he still has Sunoo to cuddle him and watch him dance and for now, it has to do.

.

Ayano was there in front of Sunoo's grave. Ni-ki didn't want to face Ayano. The boy was still confused with his lover's words. But one thing for sure, he knows Ayano has Hanahaki. But those flowers, Sunoo said, were for him, Nishimura Riki himself. Ayano was still trying to make peace with Sunoo while Sunghoon went to where Sunoo's soul was waiting.

His hair was white as snow, wings were spread out as his blue eyes closed. Sunghoon was waiting by the cherry blossom tree, sitting down and leaning against it. The male could feel flower petals falling onto his face, eyes were now slowly opening to hear a familiar voice wake up. "Sunghoon ! You're awake !" 

unoo said as his black hair was blowing with the wind. He was still in his hospital outfit as he sat next to Sunghoon. Sunghoon sat up properly as he smiled. Sunoo was always the brightest person who could cheer anyone up just with his pitched voice and happy smile, showing his dimples slightly.

"It's pretty here, I have seen these flowers when I closed my eyes, the moment I felt my heart stop." Sunoo said, holding a cherry blossom flower in his hand. The two looked up to see the petals were still falling as the black tree stems were getting more visible. "Sunoo, what was the last thing you thought of ?"

"I wanted to know how much time Ayano has left so maybe I can go see her when she makes her choice." Sunghoon looked at him and gently took his hands. "Sunoo, did you know who I truly was even from the hospital room ?" The boy nodded as he picked up the flower petals one by one. "I actually saw you with wings as you were looking out of the window, just like how you are right now. Then only I knew, Ayano was in good hands and I didn't have to worry much."

"I'm sorry Sunoo, you're still young." Sunghoon gave him a sad smile, letting go of his hand. "I don't mind actually, it's just that this has already happened and planned from the start. So I should just accept it." Sunghoon was now worried, the number of flowers and petals on the tree were now up to 3/4 of the tree. "This tree is Ayano's life bar. She doesn't have much time left."

Sunghoon sighed. Sunoo broke out a smile as he laughed slightly. "I know the Ayano Chinen won't ever have that surgery. She never will, you are trying to convince her to do so right ?" Sunghoon nodded. "I love her, she's really precious. If she decides to stay and have the surgery, I would be more than happy to stay with her. But if she doesn't I'll still be with her."

Sunoo nodded, now fully understanding how the situation is going. "I wish I could make her smile all the time." Sunghoon said. "You should Sunghoon. Please, go and help her. She needs you the most. But then, are you with us because it's your duty ? Or is it pure love ?" Sunoo said, teasing him.

"No, no. It's because I'm her guardian angel and I'm your death reaper." Sunoo let out a pouty and angry face as he slapped Sunghoon's arm. The older one laughed as he saw Sunoo's cute expressions. "I know I'm dead but you don't have to hurt my feelings. Tch." Sunoo said, throwing all of the flower petals he collected and threw them in the air. 

Sunghoon then was about to say goodbye until he heard Ayano's soft words.

"Sunghoon... I feel l-like I'm going to throw up-"

Sunghoon looked at Sunoo before earning a nod from the younger as a signal for him to go. Sunghoon woke up abruptly from his sleep to hear Ayano puking in the bathroom. He ran out to see traces of flower petals and blood droplets all over the floor to the bathroom.

"AYANO !"