VI

Ni-Ki and Ayano had separated after the last bell rang. The girl ran away to the park, wanting to get away from Ni-Ki. Not in a bad way but the scene she saw earlier with Sunoo was heartbreaking. This means she had no chance anymore. Sunoo won. But the girl couldn't hate Sunoo. The male had a secret he shared with Ayano that was heartbreaking. She also didn't really want to be that girl who sabotages everyone and in the end gets nothing out of it.

She saw Sunghoon from afar and ran towards him. Sunghoon caught her in her arms making the both of them fall down on the grass. "Hey, hey. Calm down. I'm right here." Ayano sat up and stood up again. "Don't you have any other friends ?..." Sunghoon asked as they sat next to each other, leaning against a tree. Ayano shook her head as she dig into her bag and took out a hoodie.

Sunghoon was asking her another question but only to see Ayano staring at a hoodie. She started tearing up without noticing as memories flooded her mind. It was their special hoodie. Just because the girl suddenly developed feelings for the boy, she couldn't face him the same way and Ni-Ki just... was just willing to let her go.

"Let me guess, it's either that's Ni-Ki's hoodie or y'all have a matching outfit situation here." "We bought matching hoodies just for us, like a friendship bracelet...b-but I can't- no... I d-don't want to go b-back to how we w-were before. I-I just can't..."

Sunghoon let out a deep sigh as he took the hoodie and put it on his side, taking something out of his bag and draping it over Ayano's legs since it was getting windy. The girl looked at Sunghoon, surprised. "Look, I'll help you go through this. I know we just met today but... I feel like you really need someone to help you. I was planning to take a break from my friends either way. They are really toxic."

"How about baseball ? It's going to be winter soon, so practice has been brought up to next February which is like what ? In 3 months ? Probably ? Then I'm graduating..." "Wow, I'm graduating in two years because I'm one year younger than you after all hehe" Sunghoon crossed his arms as he looked at Ayano . "Want to get to know each other better ? You can start..."

They started talking and making themselves comfortable as it was quite a good weather. It was cloudy, windy and just perfect with flowers surrounding them. They were laughing and having fun and Ayano had forgotten about Ni-Ki for a second. But she didn't know that Ni-Ki had passed by them, even stopping to see her laughing with Sunghoon.

Well guess someone's getting a lover too.

Ni-Ki smiled as he was happy and glad Ayano found and got close with someone he thought she had a 'crush' on. He really didn't know and nowadays he was busy with Sunoo, so he thought it was fine for Ayano to spend some time with another person. It's not like they need to be glued with each other.

Time passed by and the two were still chatting with each other until Ayano got 2 notifications on her phone, a text from dad and an instagram post. The two took a break and looked at their phones.

Dad.

Hey, I'm not coming home tonight because I'll be at a gathering party for the company anniversary ! You can stay over at your friend's house if you feel lonely. Sorry we're not spending much time as before :(( love you !!

Sent 4:32 p.m.

Sunghoon accidentally glanced over at Ayano's phone and thought about an offer. Ayano opened her instagram just to see Ni-Ki uploading a selca of him and Sunoo cuddling against each other while watching a movie. Ayano could hear her heart shatter into pieces. She couldn't move on. Sunghoon touched her hand making her look at the male.

"It hurts... I know..."

The ache that had settled in her chest deepens when he sees Ni-Ki looking at Sunoo, a small smile on her face, her eyes soft like he's looking at the most precious thing in the world. She has never looked at Ni-Ki like that before all these feelings came out. She also notices that Ni-Ki is looking back at Sunoo with the same lovestruck expression.

Ayano feels the pin prick of tears in her eyes, but she refuses to cry. He can't be the reason she stops looking as happy as she was right now, no matter how much she feels like his insides have been crushed to dust.

"Hey, do you want to stay with me tonight?" Sunghoon asked.His words are gentle, and Ayano hesitated. "Your dad isn't around right... I'm just worried what if something happens while you're alone ? I promise, nothing is going to happen.

Ayano then thought of it again. He was right. She nods with her lips turning blue from the cold.

The two of them leave knowing they're able to get themselves to the male's house before it starts getting darker and rain pouring. When they left, Sunghoon looked at the hoodie Ayano had. He stared blankly towards the item as Ayano was packing her things.

He wanted to just leave it but couldn't risk it. The male just placed it in his bag as they walked to the train station. The train ride was silent, Ayano watching the blurry lights go by. They went into the apartment, it was very warm and cozy. Ayano really felt like she didn't have a proper home as she would always stay over either Sunoo's or Ni-Ki's house but now it was Sunghoon's.

"Hey, I just want you to know that if you ever need anything or need to talk, I'm here for you." He pulls her in for a hug after they place their belongings down. Ayano wrapped her arms around him, sighing at the security that she felt in the taller arms.

She was really grateful for Sunghoon to be by her side.

double update hehe