XXI

Ayano had said a few things to Sunoo and gave him some confidence to talk things out with Ni-Ki. He needed to know. Sunghoon bid goodbyes with Sunoo as well and pushed Ayano out of the room as they went out on a small stroll. The couple in the room didn't talk much in the hours leading up to Sunoo's condition. Ni-Ki was in shock and denial, he was hurt. He didn't want to live in a world without Sunoo.

"I left you a few things, Ki. I left you money, more than you'll probably ever need, but I need you to be okay financially. I left you the house, and everything in my room. I'm also giving you my phone right now, and my wallet. Just so you have it." Sunoo continued to speak, but Ni-Ki was no longer listening. He didn't need money or things, he just needed his love. Ni-Ki tapped his hand, giving him a sad smile.

Ni-Ki couldn't even cry out loud as he was really shocked about this. "I'm sorry, my love. I know this hurts, I don't enjoy it either. But you have to understand, I didn't want to spend years having surgeries or procedures done to cure something that probably wouldn't go away. It would be exhausting, I couldn't do that." Ni-Ki only nodded, not making eye contact until the older placed a hand under his chin.

"I love you more than anything in this world, I'm so happy to have found you, Nishimura Riki." The tears that Ni-Ki had been holding back were finally coming, his eyes already glassing over, he wouldn't cry right now. He couldn't.

"Ni-Ki, I have to tell you something." Sunoo says tearfully. "These last few weeks we've had together have been the best." He choked on his last couple of words. Ni-Ki reached his hand up to wipe the tears that had begun to fall steadily down Sunoo's face. Sunoo took Ni-Ki's hand, holding it against his cheek, "Ni-Ki, I love you." It was becoming hard to keep his eyelids open, but even without fully seeing Sunoo's face. Ni-Ki knew the kind of love Sunoo felt.

It was like time had stopped for them, only the two of them mattered. Sunoo grips Ni-Ki's hand tightly, like nothing in this universe could pull them apart. Their cheeks and nose are red, eyelashes soaked with tears that continue to spill from their eyes. Sunoo's eyes were as beautiful as the night sky. Twinkling through the shadows.

"Please don't cry. "Sunoo whispered, unsure if he was telling himself that or Ni-Ki. "Don't cry...:" Ni-Ki then nodded before actually letting go of Sunoo's hand for a while to grab a chair and sit down properly next to the bed. For now, Ni-Ki wanted to cheer Sunoo up.

"I-I have a small request," Ni-Ki's voice accidentally cracked, though he stayed composed. "I want you to- to go to the moon. And you bring back a piece of the moon, and you tell me all about your trip and what the moon was like and what space was like, okay?" They both knew that this request was ridiculous, but for the sake of giving Sunoo some assurance that there's still time left for the two to spend together.

Sunoo just nodded, softly smiling and giggling at the love of his life, "I will bring you the whole moon, Ki, I promise you that." Ni-Ki nodded and leaned down to kiss his husband. They pulled away as a knock was heard on the door. Ayano came back with Sunghoon holding some more snacks so they could cheer up.

Sunghoon felt like he was out of the picture for some reason but for Ayano, he stayed there. The male also felt guilty as he was also one of the reasons for Sunoo's passing. Maybe it was fate that was created but, we'll never know. At the end of the day, it was 6 pm and visiting hours were ending. Ayano and Sunghoon had given Sunoo the best day they could before leaving, knowing what was coming next. 

"Maybe the funeral could be tomorrow." Ayano thought in her dreams.