XIII

It was Sunoo. There were also multiple texts from the boy that she didn't notice. Ayano picked up the call. "Hello ?" There was a few seconds of silence as Ayano heard Sunoo's words and cried spilled over the phone. The stew was boiling and some spilled out of the pot. Sunghoon who had just finished his shower was about to greet Ayano but quickly ran and switched the stove off, startling the girl along the way.

The stew had almost spilled all over the floor.

"What?"

"I said..I'm in c-critical condition.." Sunoo said to the girl. "I-I might die, Ayano..." Ayano shook her head as she ran to her room and got ready to meet Sunoo staring at the phone in disbelief for a few seconds. "No no no! No! We had two years! The doctor said we had two years, Sunoo-ah !"

"Sometimes things don't go according to plan, Ayano..."

Sunoo said slightly coldly. "Ddeonu, does Ni-Ki know ?..." Ayano said, clenching her teeth and fist as she felt angry. Only Sunoo's cries could be heard over the phone. Sunghoon looked at the girl with sad eyes, she was in disbelief as a rollercoaster of emotions filled her. The male mumbled as he left to clean the mess up in the kitchen, leaving Ayano to listen to Sunoo's explanations.

"I'm sorry, Kim Sunoo. Ayano has suffered enough. It's time I take action on this. You'll be in a better place young boy, I guarantee you that."

Ayano's tears are still flowing down. "Sunoo... Ni-Ki n-needs to know. He'll be d-devastated if he didn't know from the start. Y-you know how he is r-right ?" "Ayano please... He-he will know soon. He'll try t-to make me s-stay when I can't..." The call immediately ended as Sunoo heard Ni-Ki calling for him. Ayano threw the phone as she ran out to see Sunghoon washing the cloth that was used to clean the floor.

The girl cried out loud as she hugged Sunghoon. Sunghoon closed his eyes, letting tears out before turning around to hug Ayano. His tears fell on the flower buds that stuck out from her sleeve and a few freckles on her face. They shrunk slightly but definitely felt painful. He hugged Ayano tighter as he didn't want Ayano to see his red eyes of hatred.

"Ayano, do you know what guardian angels are ?." His eyes turned blue. Ayano nodded as she wiped her tears, Sunghoon leading her to his room before locking the door behind him. "Your eyes-" Ayano then looks at Sunghoon for a good two minutes before remembering the question he asked before. "G-guardian angel ?... Are you... one ?"

Ayano couldn't believe it. Sunghoon closed his eyes as sat up against the headboard. His hair grew out and it turned white as Ayano was shocked at the sight in front of her. Sunghoon opened his eyes, finally revealing his true identity. "This is what I am, Ayano." 

 Sunghoon pulled her into a hug. Ayano could feel his cold skin and he didn't feel like he was alive. He was ice cold. Face was pale as snow, eyes blue like the sky and hair dipped in soft serve ice cream.

At least, that was what Ayano saw from her perspective.

"There isn't much time before you leave the world, you could feel it right ?" Ayano looked down as Sunghoon held her warm hands. "I know talking to Ni-Ki will be hard but after Sunoo goes, you need to make a choice Ayano." The girl cried out. She didn't want to lose Sunoo, she didn't want to steal Sunoo's love life, she didn't want to forget Ni-Ki. Most importantly, she doesn't want to lose both of them and let her death be vague.

"I can help you Ayano. We have some time left, let's make you happy ? Cheer up, I bet Sunoo would still be accepting of the decisions you make. "When do I go ?" Sunghoon's smile turns into a straight line. "I can't... tell you that but just to warn you, no matter what happens in the month of November this year, you need to accept it."

Ayano thought to herself as confusion hit her hard. It was already mid August, what else is going to happen ? Ayano hugged Sunghoon as she tried to accept the cruel things that were happening to her. "It'll be alright, Ayano. I'll always be here for you no matter how hard your life is."

... where did everyone go.