IV

Heeseung had already ran out to the school's snack bar to get Ayano some water and some cold peach tea as the girl looked really pale as if she was dead. Ayano was at the small sink in the room, looking at her face as she kept trying to see what's down her throat. The girl was still shocked as Heeseung told her that he saw a flower in her throat. That explains why she always feels like someone is cutting her throat open, it was the roots growing.

Ayano was so immersed in her thoughts that she didn't even notice Heeseung entering the room.

"Ayano."

She brushes Heeseung off to gargle a palmful of water. The tap is lukewarm and tastes metallic, but it's a balm to the ache in her mouth and the cuts on her tongue she discovered.

"Ayano ?!"

Heeseung slams his hands against the lip of the metal basin. "What, Heeseung !?"

"Don't you fucking what Heeseung me, here drink water and sit down." Heeseung's grips on Ayano's shoulders make her sit on one of the chairs. "Tell me." "I can't," Ayano says helplessly. Ayano has less than twenty minutes before she needs to go meet up with Ni-Ki "Heeseung, please, just drop it—"

"Are you feeling sick?" Heeseung shakes her lightly. "Whatever it is, I can help! You don't have to—"

"I love him !!"

Heeseung was caught off guard and confused, stumbling. "What?"

Ayano closed her eyes as she took a sip of water. "I have fucking flowers in my lungs, Heeseung. There's nothing you can really do to make them go away so just—just leave me alone. I can handle it myself."

They stand silently in the room for what feels like a small eternity. Finally Heeseung, raspy with poorly contained anger, asks, "Who is it? Who are they for?"

Nishimura Riki.

"I don't know."

"Bullshit," Heeseung says acidly and scoffing, not believing the girl. Even though they don't see each other 24/7, Ayano has been in the student council since the beginning of junior high school. "Who is it, Ayano? Who's doing this to you?"

Ayano sighs. "Please," he says.

Ayano was tired and in pain and feeling sorry for herself. "It's Ni-Ki, the guy you always see me with." She admitted. Before Heeseung can puff himself up to go find the boy, Ayano pulled him to sit back down on the chair. Heeseung's jaw twitches with the grind of his teeth. "So let's go tell him. Right now." Ayano was truly like a younger sister to Heeseung, he cared for her so much.

"And say what, exactly?"Ayano scoffed, laughing at her weak self. "Hi Ni-Ki, sorry to bother you with my rare disorder, but if you could love me that would be just swell." The thought is so hilarious Ayano honestly can't stop the little self-deprecating giggle that escapes her mouth. Yeah, Heeseung definitely thought Ayano was already crazy at this point.

" You can't guilt trip someone into loving you by force." "We'll think of something," Heeseung says, his voice tinged with panic and desperation. "We'll—I'll find a way to get him to notice you." Heeseung's such a good senior and brotherly figure. Ayano fondly squeezes his cheeks between her fingers and smiles.

"You'll do no such thing. Come on, we have to leave. Curricular activities are going to end soon and I'm going back home, with Ni-Ki" Heeseung opens his mouth. Ayano viciously squeezes his jaw until Heeseung wheezes a pained breath through the tight pucker of his lips. "And do not, I repeat, do not tell anyone of what happened here. Are we clear?"

Heeseung glares at him.

Ayano glares back. "Are we clear, Lee Heeseung ?"

"We're clear," Heeseung manages, barely, and slaps Ayano's hands away to work the painful cramp in his jaw. "We're fucking crystal clear." "Good."

Oh, luckily Ayano is not my younger sister.

The two got up as Ayano returned Heeseung's coat. Heeseung was glaring at Ayano barking back. "I'm your president, your senior. How dare you-" "Thank you for getting me water, I'll be leaving now !!" Ayano said, shoving money into Heeseung's pocket, picking up her belongings and walking out the door. Heeseung laughed, shaking his head. That girl is something.

Ayano was running towards the gate as she saw Ni-Ki waiting there while on his phone. "Ni-Ki-san !!" Ni-Ki looked at Ayano as they started walking. The girl knew better to keep her mouth shut for now. They had managed to arrive home before the sun setted. Looks like Ayano was going to stay over again.

It was something normal for Ayano to do since her father is always busy anyways. She left her dad a text just to not make him worry and sat on the bed where Ni-Ki had his laptop, logging into netflix. She sat next to the boy and started choosing a show. It was comforting for Ni-Ki to do this, she almost forgot about her feelings for a second.

As Ayano was focused on choosing a show, Ni-Ki stared at Ayano's face. The girl looked to her side just to see their faces really close to each other. "Ayano, since when did you have freckles ?" The boy said, touching Ayano's cheeks. "Huh ?- Oh I think I got it from my mom ? Maybe it's just showing up now."

Another lie.

"Ah, okay then. Let's watch. I'm gonna leave Sunoo a text real quick." Ni-Ki said, fishing his phone out as he smiled. Ayano's throat started burning again but she tried to hold back her tears from crying out in pain. She kept glancing from the screen to Ni-Ki who was texting Sunoo. Things just don't feel the same anymore. Ayano felt like she was fading away.

Ayano paused the show as she got a notification from someone. It was Sunoo, leaving a voice message. Ayano excused herself as she left the room, putting the phone close to her ear.

Ayano, please take care of Ni-Ki until the rest of the week. I don't think I'll be able to come back until next week. You know, right ?.... about ________. Yeah... Please don't tell him, I... I'll try to find a way to tell him soon. I put my trust in you !! Hwaiting, Ayano !!

Beep. recording.

Sunoo, I'm not supposed to be thinking like this but I envy you. Ni-Ki and I would have been together if it wasn't for you... but I guess it's because he loves you more and only sees me as his best friend or maybe because he's more interested in guys.

Beep. send recording ? >

Ayano paused. Why is she thinking like this ?

Recording deleted >

Beep. recording.

Alright Sunoo !! Stay safe !! I'll wish the best for your health. Don't worry about Ni-Ki, I'll take care of your boyfriend for you, wink wink EHHEHE Anyways, make sure you come back all better again. Text me often if anything happens !! byee !!

Beep. send recording ? >

...

Recording sent successfully !! >

There, that sounds... better.

yikes it's 1 am-