V

Two weeks went by fast. Sunoo came back last week looking pale as ever. Ayano was worried but she was worried more about the flower growing inside her. She couldn't keep her food down and kept throwing up the food and bloody flower petals. The girl still didn't know what flower was growing in her.

Ni-Ki and Sunoo went off without Ayano as she said she forgot her bento but she purposely did that so she could stop by the school infirmary. Ayano went back to class to get her wallet just in case and was about to go out but bumped into someone. The girl looked up to see her senior idol, Park Sunghoon. She quickly bowed as an apology and was about to leave but the male stopped her by grabbing her arm slightly.

"Wait, uhm. Heeseung told me about you. You're Ayano Chinen, right ?"

"Ah... yes. But have you seen Heeseung-sunbae ? I really am rushing right now-"

"About that he asked me to go with you because he's busy."

"B-but how about you ? Don't you need to eat or go with you're friends-"

"Um, well Heeseung is my best friend and I owe him a favour so yeah... Let's go now."

Ayano was quite annoyed at the fact Sunghoon kept cutting her off but deep down in her heart, she was fangirling. Well, that's until she remembered about flowers. Sigh. Ayano started walking down the hallway as Sunghoon followed behind her. She swore under her breath to make sure Heesung gets a beating from her after this, can't he at least send another person ? Tch.

Ayano didn't care about the baseball player anymore, she cared about actually living. They walked fast and started running as there was not much time left. Ayano saw the door and knocked on it, revealing the school doctor, Ms Kohana. They bowed and went in.

"Ah, you're Ms Chinen right ? Heeseung told me. Come sit down." Thank god Heeseung had told Ms Kohana in advance about this. Sunghoon just stood by the door, leaning against it as Ayano laid on the bed. The doctor started touching her neck and checking the insides of the girl's throat. A few more things were checked until she was allowed to sit back up again.

Kohana's face was quite disappointing as she sat at her desk, looking at her laptop. "Ayano, how's your breathing nowadays ? Is it hard ?" Ayano nodded, "Every time I inhale or exhale, my throat burns and nowadays I smell fresh flowers even though there are none close to me." Sunghoon was just staring at the floor as he looked emotionless and listening, the two almost forgot there was a third person there.

The more Ayano spoke, her voice sounded terrible and was quiet. "Did you drink a lot of water ?" The girl nodded again, "But it doesn't have any effect except for making my throat hurt and as if someone was choking me." "Ayano, you do know there's a flower... growing in you right ?..." Sunghoon shot his head up, wondering what was this Heeseung told about.

"The petals, what colour are they?" "I'm not sure, sometimes it's pink, yellow, purple and other colours-" The girl started coughing again, making Sunghoon approach her and sitting next to her as he took off his coat, wrapping it around her shoulders. He frowned as they saw Ayano spit out a few bloody petals. Sunghoon whispered something under his breath, making Kohana nod slightly.

"Hanahaki..."

"Isn't there another way to get rid-"

Ayano coughed even further making Sunghoon giving her a sign to stop talking. "So you knew you had this for a while now..." Ayano teared up as she was suffering and realised her thoughts were coming true. "I'm guessing your thoughts were and feelings were unsure and in denial. For example you might doubt if that person likes you or not just because of their kind gesture."

"But if she gets the surgery then..."

"Is it Ni-Ki, Ayano ? I've been seeing you a lot with him these days."

The nurse just looked at her with pitiful eyes as this disease was very rare and does not affect everyone but now coming across with this, is just different. Sunghoon nodded, understanding the situation. But that's the thing, he knew already anyways. "Come back next week, in the meantime have this. Follow the instructions on the paper on how to take care of the flower and when to take the medications. It's very important you do so."

Ms Kohana handed her a few boxes of medication, a piece of paper and a black mask. They bowed and thanked her as they went out. Ayano bursted into tears as soon as they went out as Sunghoon hugged her slowly as they kneeled on the ground. "C-can you hold onto these for me ? M-maybe just give them a-after school... I don't want him to know. P-please help me keep this a s-secret."

Ayano was desperate. Sunghoon patted her back as Ayano gave him back his coat. She was hungry but the pain made her forget about it. "Meet me after school at the garden behind the park. I'll be there. I'll try and be here for you." Ayano burst in tears as he clung onto Sung Hoon. She didn't have any other friends either way. The girl was always the type to avoid people, moreover girls since she wasn't really acting like one.

The bell rang, indicating that break time was over. Sunghoon helped her stand up as he put on his coat again. He looked at the girl as one of his eyes glitched, changing from brown to green. As Ayano was dusting her skirt, Sunghoon quickly covered his green eye with a part of his bangs. Ayano bowed and thanked him as she put her mask on and the two parted.

That was close, Sunghoon. Too early right now.

Ayano was about to enter the classroom when she saw Ni-Ki and Sunoo being flirty with each other right outside. She stopped and looked at them for a second. Sunoo looked around before he pecked Ni-Ki's cheek and waved goodbye as he ran back to class.

Wow, that far huh ?

Ni-Ki saw Ayano who was standing and ran towards her. "Where have you been !? Sunoo and I were wondering where you left off too." "O-oh um..." Ayano stuttered as they sat down. "I ate with one of my seniors ! You know S-sunghoon right ? Yeah ! H-he bumped into me and we ate together... Nothing funny or special haha !! I'm also gonna meet him after school so I can't stop by your house today..." Ayano gulped painfully as she spoke quickly. Ni-Ki took the bait and laughed, teasing her.

Ayano wasn't really paying attention to the boy's teasing but just laughed.

Is Ni-Ki just playing dumb or is he actually dumb. Whatever, as long as he doesn't know.

"What's with the mask ? You sick ?"

THIS GUY- ISH- CAN'T YOU JUST KEEP QUIET ALREADY-

"Oh, I'm having a sore throat but I'll be fine after taking medication."

"Aww, don't worry. Tomorrow I'll ask my mom to make her herbal medication. It's the best." "Thanks..." The subject teacher came in and started teaching.

Sunghoon, please help me.

hehehh don't worry, the story is just getting heated up ;)