Scars don't heal

Back on Earth (Jim's Pov):

(I finally get to add blood and plot peopleeeee) (well, small warning I guess)

I slumped against the stone wall of the Heroes forge. Claire and Toby were training, while the other Claire was practicing some of her magic sitting next to me.

It's been a week and nobody has attacked us. They're plotting something. I know it.

I winced in pain as I tried to stand up, and failed.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I guess it's just from when Toby shook me."

She reluctantly went back to what she was doing.

"I'll be back." I said, slowly standing up and trying not to show me limping away.I went over to the corner and took my armor off. I looked at my stomach, which was covered in blood for some reason. I took my jacket off and slowly peeled the bottom of my shirt to look at the wound. My eyes widened in shock.

It wasn't the actual wound that scared me. It was the location and how it looked.

This is exactly where Bellroc stabbed me with a spear.

It looked like it had been burnt at the edges of the wound area, and had blisters sprinkled around.

"Master Jim?" I heard Blinky say from behind me.

I quickly threw on my jacket and armor.

"H-hi." I said, trying to act normal, "What are you doing here?"

"Are you hurt?"

"No no. It's not that bad."

"I may be a troll Master Jim, but..." he stepped closer to me, "I know pain when I see it. You can tell me."

There was a long silence; occasionally I would hear Toby and Claire fighting in the background. I took a long, deep breath before saying,

"I think my old wounds are coming back." I admitted, "I think that's the curse they put on me."

Somewhere else in Arcadia (Aja's Pov):

Mother had been able to safely land on this strange planet. I stepped out of the ship and looked around at our surroundings.

"Wait my royal, the beings on this planet are not accustomed to outsiders."

"Then what do you suggest?" Krel asked her.

"A temporary transduction." Mother chimed.

"Great! We can blend in with the people here while mother regains her energy. Then, go back to Akiridion-5 to help them."

"I forbid it!' Varvatos yelled, "Any of these pathetic life forms could be bounty hunters."

"But we don't have a bounty."

"You do now. It was sent by Morando to all bounty hunters nearby. We cannot stay here. We must be on the move."

"No!" I yelled, "If we run then what? We run forever?"

"Varvatos witnessed firsthand the ruthlessness of his new soldiers. He saw the king die in a second. And he- I refuse to let it happen to either of you."

"We'll be fine, Varvatos. Besides, we need to let Mother charge anyway before we can take off. Shouldn't take more than..." he looked over at the ship, "Two-hundred eighty-nine mekrons."

"Delightful. Varvatos shall go and investigate these strange beings."

Back to Jim's Pov:

"You should tell them, you know. They could help if-"

"No. I don't want to distract them."

"I guess it is your decision after all." He reminded himself, "I'll keep this secret for you, but the moment it gets worse I will be alerting the others."

"Thanks, Blink." I said, giving him a small hug.

He hesitantly patted my head, not knowing how to react.

"What was that?"

"It's called a hug. It's used to show a lot of appreciation or something along those lines."

"I see..."

Extras: 3rd person Pov (Later that day)

"Aaarrrggghhh, my good fellow, would you mind coming over here?"

He let out a low grumble and walked over to Blinky. Blinky suddenly hugged him, while Aaarrrggghhh looked confused.

"What is this?"

"It's called a hug. It's used to show a lot of appreciation or something along those lines..."