Chapter 2.5

Toby's Pov:

"When we go there can we get the new gun robot movie?"

Jim glared at me, and continued stuffing things in his bag.

"So the game?"

"No."

"What are you telling your mom? You can't just go missing for the whole day, then make up an excuse with the Russian mob."

"I told her I was going camping. For school." He put the bag on his shoulders, and turned to me. "What about your Nana?"

"She won't notice. She's going to be busy watching true crime shows, and going to bingo today."

We were planning to go to Hong Kong for a few hours now. It just didn't settle in that we just found a secret, underground, troll world. I heard a loud thump, and went to investigate it. I saw Aaarrrgghh trying to squeeze through the tiny back door.

"Too small." He groaned.

"Maybe we should install a big doggy door for you. Jim what do you-"

I turned around to see Jim missing from the scene. I went back down to the basement to look for him but he was gone.

"Do you think something is weird about Jim?"

"Humans weird." He responded.

He finally fit through the doorway, and plopped down onto the floor with a loud thud. Blinky came in behind him.

"Where is your skinny friend? The new Trollhunter. I believe his name was... Jin."

"Jim." I corrected. "Yeah, I kinda lost him."

"'Kinda lost him'?" He asked, doubting me. "How do you lose an entire human? I don't believe that's quite possible, and I've seen it all."

"No no, it's just an expression. I just have no clue where he is."

My phone rang loudly in my pocket. I pulled it out, and saw the caller.

"It's Jim." I told them.

"Then talk to master Jim through the strange box."

Aaarrrgghh bumped into me while I tried to answer the phone, making me drop it. I fumbled for the phone, and picked it up. I accepted the call, and heard a bunch of chatter in the background.

"I'm waiting at the Gyre. Where are you?"

I covered the speaker of the phone, and asked,

"What's a Gyre?"

"A very advanced fast moving form of troll transportation located in Trollmarket."

"Cool beans."

"Hello?" Jim asked on the other side of the line.

"Yeah, we're coming."

I hung up, and looked at Blinky.

"Did you get the spell we needed?"

"Apologies, but I ran into a small complication."

"Tell me on the way."

We walked towards the canal as Blinky told me his 'complication'.

"What!? Why would they ban your library privileges? Aren't you like the smart bookworm troll?"

"The other trolls don't seem to like you two, so they are doing everything in their power to stop me from assisting you."

"But why?"

"To give you a chance to prove your worth to Troll kind, of course."

I ignored it as Aaarrrgghh opened the entrance. We got to the bottom as quickly as possible leaving me out of breath. I ran up to Jim panting.

"You could have waited for us."

"But then it would have been too late." He countered.

"Wow." I said sarcastically. "You should join debate."

Aaarrrgghh threw Jim the heartstone, and he opened the Gyre entrance.

P.S.- This is not the completed chapter but each chapter will be about 1000 words long. This is only half since I don't want to have you waiting for a long time. The other half will be uploaded later.