Kronosphere

Blinky's Pov:

Is this little human boy really the great hero Kanjigar described?

I took the silence as an opportunity to get to know the future master Jim better.

"Master Jim! If I may call you that... Kanjigar told us of your great achievements. Not to worry, the timeline will restart again once you go back, meaning we won't remember anything, but it is such an honor to be in the presence of the slayer of Gunmar the Black."

"Uh huh." He replied.

"Did you act like this in your timeline?" Tobias asked.

"No."

"Then why are you-"

"Because I'm tired." He lied.

Tobias dropped the topic, as I started up the machine.

"Hold onto your heads!"

"Wait what?"

A large sinister laugh spilled out as I hit the button to start the Gyre. I was blown back by the amount of force there was when it moved. After what seemed like seconds, the vehicle halted to a stop.

"You see, was that so bad?" I asked.

"Yes. Yes it was." Jim said, walking out.

"I think my heart switched sides from that." Tobias said, groaning.

Aaarrrggghhh squeezed out between the small space, and jumped off. I led us out of the sewers to the surface. The lid of the sewer popped open, and my ears were filled with loud city sounds.

"Welcome to Hong Kong, China."

Master Jim climbed out, and examined our surroundings. He pointed to random places, and mumbled to himself.

"If I may ask, why are we here?"

The moment I asked that, the tension drained from him. He let out a smile, shaking his head.

"Sorry if I was out of it for a while. I just can't get used to this timeline. We're here to find an artifact to fix the whole... 'I ruined everything' situation."

I walked up to him, and put a hand on his shoulder. He looked up at me with a somehow familiar expression.

"We all lose our minds sometimes. Some lose them in puddles, while others in an ocean. You go through more than any human child should have to go through. That decision to come back was not bad in your eyes, was it?"

He sighed, letting out the last of his tension.

"Thanks, Blink. That helped."

"Blink?"

"Yeah."

Blink... Blinky...

Tobias stared at the various shops filled with food, and other items.

"What!? There are no taco trucks here!"

"Of course there aren't Tobes. When we go back, we can get tacos."

He grumbled, but agreed. Jim led us to an area filled with large containers, and an empty wall.

"Here." He said, pointing at it. "The Kronosphere is here."

Aaarrrggghhh pulled out his horngazel, and opened up a doorway.

"By Deya's grace..." I whispered, walking into the mysterious new world.

The guards were alarmed by our presence, and started throwing spears. I ran screaming behind Aaarrrggghhh, drowned in fear.

"I would like an audience with Zong-Shi." Jim requested.