"Master Wizard"

Jim's Pov:

I can't make a decision like this. I won't make a decision like this.

I charged at the guard holding Blinky, only to run into something.

"What was that?"

"That. Was an invisible barrier. Forged by only the strongest magic. Now, what is it you humans say? Oh right, checkmate."

Douxie's Pov:

I yawned sleepily as I finished sweeping up the last of the floors. The broom lazily floated back into the storage cabinet, humming with magic. Archie was sound asleep on one of the sofas nearby. I shut off my magic, and fell back onto one of the chairs. Arch woke up from his slumber, reacting to the noise. He stretched, then said,

"Shall we get to work?"

"We have to get rid of more? I thought they were all gone last week."

"A wizard's work is never done." He stated. "Zoe would be disappointed if you didn't show up to your weekly pest control."

He pulled out his glasses from thin air, and stood on his two rear feet. I threw on my jacket, and walked to the front door. It chimed once before dying down. I made sure to lock the doors before leaving, to prevent intruders. I walked down to the nearby Hex tech where Zoe worked.

She heard the door open, and replied with her pre-programed response,

"Welcome to Hex tech. How can I make your day magical-" She stopped to look up at me so she could address me.

"Hisirdoux Casperan. You've got some nerve. Coming to patrol three hours late. For the second time in a row."

"I know, I know. It won't happen again, I promise."

"Whatever. You owe me burgers later then."

"Deal."

"Hey! Wait your turn young man."

I turned around to see a lady sitting on one of the chairs, waiting for her service.

"Sorry, but we just closed. Come back tomorrow!" Zoe said, shoving the person out the door.

"Finally." Zoe breathed. "Now let's go get rid of these pests before they ruin Arcadia."

Patrol was the same as usual. The trees provided cover to ambush the mephits making it easier to catch and kill them. My magic kept betraying me, by hitting my face multiple times. Zoe had to help me out by shooting her arrows to kill the mephits (Idea from Tenyais on twitter). I laid down on the ground, exhausted.

"Is the apprentice tired?" She teased.

"It's wizard. I stopped being an apprentice a long time ago."

"Then what's the stronger long distance attacking rune?"

I froze, not remembering anything Merlin taught me before. She laughed at my silence, and sat down on her knees next to me.

"Yes, Master wizard. All bow down to you." She said, exaggerating the 'Master wizard' part.

I shook my head, and sat up against a tree that had fallen down in the forest.

"Any new spells you wanna tell me today?"

"I found this super powerful spell earlier today, when I was looking through my old spell books. Only a master wizard, or sorceress can do it."

"Tell me!" I asked, excited to learn something new.

"Get up." She instructed.

"Hold your arms out like this."

Her arms were bent but still infront of her, tucked at the sides. I copied her, and she continued,

"Now make a circle with your right foot, then summon your strongest magic by doing that, and to release, say 'Tenebris Excellium'."

She didn't do it, but looked at me expecting me to. I adjusted my foot to make a 360 circle.

"Tenebris-" I stopped as I fell down to the ground, accidentally dragging Zoe with me.

My foot had accidentally swept hers, and our legs were tangled up from the fall.

"Douxie!" She snapped at me.

She quickly got up, and dusted herself off.

"Be more careful next time." She advised.

"Yeah, I'll try."

"Whatever."

She pulled out her phone, and scrolled through it.

"I gotta go. My next shift is in a few hours, I'm gonna cram some sleep in before then."

I reached towards her to pick out a leaf in her hair. She blushed, but immediately stopped when she saw the leaf in my hand.

"Oh."

"What were you expecting?"

"Nothing. I gotta go now, it's getting late."

"Ok." I said, nervously smiling.

It's now or never.

"See you tomorrow."

I hugged her, and placed a kiss at the top of her head, and ran off before I got her reaction.

(Time skip to the next day in Claire's Pov)

Claire's Pov:

I stretched my arms out in front of me, sitting up on my bed. I played some music on my phone, while I hopped around my room gathering my stuff to go to school.

"Pencils, textbooks..." I stopped to think for a minute. "Homework!"

I grabbed the paper off of my desk, and put it neatly inside my folder.

"Claire! We're going to be late."

"Coming papa!" I yelled back.

I skipped down the stairs and headed into the car. We reached the school pretty quickly, but the bell was about to ring.

"Bye papa!"

"Bye." He said, before driving off to work.

I ran to my first period history class, and got seated. I had my supplies out and ready to use. Mr. Strickler walked in, and clapped his hands to get our attention. He looked over at the 2 empty desks. I never got to know the names of the people sitting there.

"Jim? Toby? Are James Lake, and Tobias Domzalski here?"

The class stayed silent.

"Very well."

Who's Jim? Why does it feel like I've met him before?

I bit my fingernail while thinking.

Who are you, James Lake?

P.S.- Hope you like it! I just wanted to write this scene now because it seemed so cute in my head :>

Also, the story will get a bit confusing for some people here so try to keep up :)