Welcome to the Void

May takes the stranger's hand and gets up. Everything is dark, really dark, yet she could see this person clearly.
   "Is this purgatory?"
The stranger laughed," No, its just the place between worlds. Its where I and many others like me reside." he folds his hands behind his back, he seemed to be wearing a black lab coat on top of a white sweater and slacks. However he seems a little melted looking," My name is Gaster, W.D Gaster. When this Au was created, I came into being, this will take a bit to explain some things so why don't we take a seat? Judging by the current state of this world, we have some time to discuss things for now."
  Gaster makes a table and some chairs appear. Once seated, Gaster explains how every universe has at least one entity like him to watch over it. In some cases, one entity might be responsible for multiple universe or have direct influence ranging from good to bad.
   "...this timeline isn't supposed to be like this. You weren't supposed to die."
   He paused for a moment then continued," Now let me explain who exactly Y/n is. In written fiction, it means the viewer's name. Your name. But here, its just the words to represent- ah how do I put it... a virus of sorts."
  "A virus?"
"Yes. There is a whole entire sub multiverse of different scenarios created by different types of Y/ns. Some cool, some uh....questionable. Anyway, heres what happens. When a universe is created and a Y/n infiltrates it, most of its events become centered around them and end up being romantically involved with their targets. Y/ns possess the ability to instantly gain anyone's favor, cause major events, and be nearly unkillable or overpowered at times. Now usually these little sub world happenings are no issue, but a Y/n wasn't supposed to exist here. They also seemed to have switched roles with you."
   He went on to explain,"...before the battle between Spamton and the Resistance, Y/n entered the world without my knowledge. Their target was obviously Spamton so they took the upcoming rescue mission as an opportunity to get to him and eliminate you. But to their dismay, you were still alive after they had sabotaged everyone. They were also very injured which caused you to rush over to help. Then you made the mistake of getting in physical contact of Y/n. Using that opportunity, they were able to copy some of your appearance,  your magic, and alter their role to something more important due to the similarities between the both of you. This includes hobbies but not memories weirdly enough-"
    Gaster stopped his long explaination to sip his coffee. Meanwhile May was suffering from a slight identity crisis while taking everything in.
  "Ok, so let me get this straight." May began," A lovesick virus person came in and tried to replace me because they wished to date a crazy robot scam man?"
   "Essentially." he says with a nod. May puts her head on the table," Greeaattt.....but if thats the case, why did they get fucked over by Spamton?"
   "Well you see, after their memory scramble stunt in an attempt to get closer to Spamton while removing you from the picture and securing their place, I finally saw what was going down. So I warned Spamton in advance. I'm surprised that he was able to turn the tables on them...until you and Ralsei cured Y/n during the battle."
  "So I was stabbed on purpose....makes sense given the context but if thats the case, Spamton is back to square one." May sits up,"On top of that, Y/n has the Erase ability."
  Gaster sighed and closed his green/red eyes," Crap its that bad. Alright, we'll need to get back into the world soon. I know this is a lot to take in so, do you have any further questions?"

"How come Y/n didn't remember me immediately in the forest?"

"The memory spell on top of the altered memories caused by the opening of the dark fountain caused it to go haywire and affect them in the process. Still, they subconsciously acted upon their goal. They regained their memories fully when they were cured."

"How did I end up here?"

"Unlike disappearing into code like Mike, I had managed to block your SOUL from being affected and bring you here. Don't worry, once we get back you would still have your body intact."

"What was Spamton's motive for creating the fountain? By the way, what was supposed to happen?"

"Ah, I have a feeling that will be answered later down the line." He stands up and opens a portal. In it displayed a dark alleyway in CyberCity. Neon lights cast a dim glow to the surroundings.
  "We should get moving, I have a feeling Y/n is slowly pulling an uno reverse with a plus 4 on their target."

May stands up and follows Gaster through the open portal. 
  "Nice hair by the way."
Gaster smiles proudly," Thanks, I used Queenditioner on it."