Chapter 16: Questions Answered •

Everything had seemingly gone back to normal, that was until the morning of March 9, 1982..... I was awoken that morning by knocking on the front door.

Which was odd because we typically don't have visitors.

Sirius and Remus had apparently left LONG before I woke up.

Not really caring what I looked like I decided to answer the door in my pajamas.

Lily was standing on our doorstep with Harry in her arms, her baby bump was starting to show at this point as she was now 4 months pregnant.

As I looked at the smiling baby in her arms I felt the need to ask him a question

"Harry, have you come to help make Uncle Moony's birthday cake?"

He started giggling, which made me smile.

"We're here to keep you company actually, but we can help with a cake too" Lily replied

"Lily, don't pretend he didn't come here for the frosting, he's his father's son." My accusation made her laugh.

"I don't think the frosting was a factor, but he wouldn't complain about it either."

After letting them in, I went to change into something other than my pajamas, and came back out to them sitting in the kitchen.

"So do you have an idea what you want his cake to look like?" Lily asked curiously

"Ummmm, yeah.... I'm gonna use chocolate!" I said, laughing

"Kitty, you know what I meant"

"Yes I have something in mind. I want it to be 2 layers, we both know Sirius can eat one by himself. I also want it to have chocolate running down the side, and maybe some chocolate covered strawberries? I have a basic concept though."

I started getting things out of the fridge and pantry, putting everything on the counter.

"That sounds good" she said

"Hopefully he likes it...."

"Why wouldn't he like it? You said chocolate at least 3 times..." she replied while laughing.

I started laughing, she had a point, the cake was going to be 90% chocolate.

After baking the cakes and making the frosting myself, I started putting everything together.

Lily started melting chocolate bars and using it to cover some strawberries.

"Kitty, I have extra chocolate"

"Perfect" I smiled, I knew exactly what I could do with it

She looked at me suspiciously, but gave me the rest of the melted chocolate.

When I was done decorating the cake Lily couldn't believe her eyes.